uhhh....WTF is going on with the NFL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uhhh....WTF is going on with the NFL?

first they move the official by the QB so "no huddle" offenses cant operate.

I also saw some screwd up call on thursday's game.

then today they totally screw the lions on that touch down play. come on man, what the hell? they are ruining the game with all this shit. "process".........???? give me a frickin break. the league is ruining the game with this over regulation shit.

let them just play football.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Yep, Lions won. Bullshit call.

Comment

Lions got absolutely screwed. Same thing is happening in hockey and in basketball. im beginning to think the games are rigged. you know some of them in the NBA were/are. The refs just got busted doing it.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

The refs should be under a strict time limit with their positioning. 3 seconds to get set, no more. If they're too old, tough shit.

And when the refs call a player's number for a penalty, and that player was not even on the field (as in on eof the Saints' Preseason games - called #73), the call should be voided and the results of the play stand.

And the No Huddle Offense is as much a part of football as the damn ball itself. You can't take that out, you can't impede that.

I've never been a fan of using "tricks" to lure the defense offsides, so I am glad to see the No Sudden Moves By The Quarterback ruling, however, Rule #1 of any sport involving a ball is "Keep Your Eye On The Ball".
        When the ball moves, you move. Not if the QB sneezes, but when the ball moves. If players can't remeber that, then they deserve to get lured offsides.
        Last edited by Newc; 09-16-2010, 12:15 PM.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yep, Lions won. Bullshit call.
          i beg to differ ....watched the replay about 10 times ..... hw had the ball ,took a couple of steps but then laid it on the ground
          rule sucks but ALL recievers were informed during trianing camp.....keep the ball off the ground after the catch....he didn't

bleed blue and orange since i was born and raised in chicago so......yes this is a biased opinion

len
          “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

watch it 11 times then ,thats a catch!!!!! He has it with 1 hand falls in the endzone and clearly is excited and throws the ball as he begins to celebrate. And the ref that was right there says td. ROBBED !!!! musta been paid off .

Comment

oops wasnt finished,how many times do you see a running back reach past the pylons then drop the ball ,as long as you are in the end zone with the ball TD . Football is being ruined year after year by the refs and these new rules. Watch some old games to see real football.

Comment

Originally posted by len View Post
                ....watched the replay about 10 times .....
                Originally posted by P I K A View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s_EPK9MtJE
                watch it 11 times then ,thats a catch!!!!!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

c'mon, we've all known the NFL and the zebras have been as crooked as a politician
                  from the door.
                  what i can't take these days is the over influx of commercials. there are more than ever now,
                  it's really really really sickening. after any whistle there's a fukkin' commercial. i have the package
                  so i just flip to another game constantly, but more than half the time there's a commercial on
                  the other games i flip to. my wrist is broken by 4 p.m. pacific time from changing channels,
                  and not from the usual spanking reasons. i have to wait until monday a.m. for my wrist to heal
                  so i can jerk off not in pain.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

By playground rules (and common sense) it was a catch. Under NFL rules (which were clearly explained to the players in the preseason) it is not a catch, plain and simple. I think the rule is stupid, but the refs called the play correctly...much like the "tuck rule" incident with Brady a few years back.

As for Newc's post, I agree that the refs shouldn't be able to affect a no huddle offense, but then there is this nonsense about the refs getting the players number correct after a penalty??? WTF is that? What you propose allows the refs to affect the game even moreso than they do now. If a legitimate penalty is commited, does the team had the foul committed against them deserve to lose the yardage/down simply because the ref called a wrong number? What harm is done it getting a number wrong? How does it affect the game? I'd much prefer to see the refs focusing on the action at hand rather than trying to get a correct read on somebodies number.

Comment

Working...
                    X