Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone have the tab for Joe Satriani "Why"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone have the tab for Joe Satriani "Why"?

Usually I can find tabs I want on the internet, although they are about 75 percent correct most of the time. But I can't find this one. Well, not a complete one.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Easily find your favorite songs by Joe Satriani! Chords and tabs, covering a variety of genres. Start playing today!

It's in there just look for it.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

It is power tab or guitar pro... don't I need some software to see those?
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Yep, but you really should download the software since you already play guitar. Its time to come aboard.
        Very useful piece of guitar tab software.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

Does it cost anything? Where is the best place to get it? I don't use tabs very often, but this is one of those where I am having trouble deciphering exactly what is going on in places.

Comment

PowerTab is free while Guitar Pro costs a non-zero amount of money

Comment

Well, for some reason it is not working for me. I d/l'ed the Power Tab crap... then I d/l'ed the tab and it won't open. Is there anyway someone can take the tab, copy it into Word file and send it to me, or does Power Tab simply not work like that?

Comment

Sweet, it opened. Apparently you have to be smarter than a 5th grader....

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                  Sweet, it opened. Apparently you have to be smarter than a 5th grader....
                  LOL I downloaded Power Tab once and couldn't get it to work either, so I wound up just removing it from my system.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Powertab and Guitar pro tabs are two different types of tabs/software altogether.
                    You can't make a powertab tab work on guitar pro and vice versa.
                    Powertab has it's own kind of tab and the same with guitar pro, they aren't interchangeable.
                    And at the site I linked you to earlier you clearly see which tab you are downloading.

I have both powertab and guitar pro.
                    What tab one doesn't have usually the other one does.
                    You print them out as well.
                    You don't have to sit in front of the PC monitor.

Comment

Why Tab by Joe Satriani. Free online tab player. One accurate version. Play along with original audio

Comment

Just get TuxGuitar if you need to open both file types. It's an open source tab editor that can open both Guitar Pro and Power Tab files and it's entirely free. However, when printed out the tabs don't look nearly as good as GP so I would say to pony up for Guitar Pro because it's awesome and I find that the community who use it seem to make a lot more accurate tabs than the Power Tab people. Not to mention Power Tabs looks even worse than TuxGuitar when printed. They have tiny text and it's just a finicky program.
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

You can import PowerTab files in Guitar Pro without too much effort. The cost aside, Guitar Pro is a much better product with way more features.

Ben, thanks for the tip. I didn't know TuxGuitar - I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X