cheapest postage from us to uk with insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapest postage from us to uk with insurance

Hi can anyone recommend a decent cheap postage company to ship a guitar from the US to UK. I know prices vary considerably so any recommendations would be appreciated. Also an idea of price for shipping a flying v in hard case.

Thanks

Cheapest is USPS.... and they SUCK. 2.5-3 weeks delivery and they love rough handling goods. Including a case, I'd say $100-150 shipping. Fedex cost double what USPS charge, but it only takes about 5 days.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I ship guitars ALL the time with USPS- cheapest gets you what you pay for. A tip I've learned tho- INSURE YOUR FRIKKIN' GUITAR. It's usually $20ish more, but they are surprisingly easy to work with if any trouble comes up.

Sending a V with case will run $110.00 insured for $650. (44x24x6 at 25lbs) 6-10 days via Priority Mail International.
      I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Any guitar I have purchased from the USA (quite a few) I've had the seller use USPS and never had a problem. Once the guitar is packed properly you'll be fine! I've heard more horror stories from the likes of FEDEX and UPS then anyone else, its all pot luck really. Up to the seller to pack properly.

Comment

When I was in the UK, I used 'em all, and I think the only difference was the price. USPS were the cheapest. FedEx cost me $330 to ship an XTRR about 5 years ago. And yes, I almost cried...
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
            X