No announcement yet.

Nhl 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah good thing for the Isles they only have him under contract for 10 more years after this one.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
      Yeah good thing for the Isles they only have him under contract for 10 more years after this one.
      yeah, no shit. one of the all time stupidest contracts.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• Looks like Malkin is gone for the season there Penguinos. Hopefully Crosby comes back from his concussion soon.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Looks like Malkin is gone for the season there Penguinos. Hopefully Crosby comes back from his concussion soon.
          That hurts in a big way.

Crosby had been skating but now he isn't even with the team while recovering. The concussion has turned out to be much worse than they originally thought.

With Malkin being put on IR, does that mean the Pens get salary cap relief to possibly add some talent? Anybody have Jagr's phone #?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
            That hurts in a big way.

Crosby had been skating but now he isn't even with the team while recovering. The concussion has turned out to be much worse than they originally thought.

With Malkin being put on IR, does that mean the Pens get salary cap relief to possibly add some talent? Anybody have Jagr's phone #?
            I hope Sid comes back soon. Concussions stink - just ask Keith Primeau.

To answer your question, yes the Pens can move Malkin's salary to the IR and it will come off of the cap. I expect a big trade soon to get some offense back in Pittsburgh.
            Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              I hope Sid comes back soon. Concussions stink - just ask Keith Primeau.

To answer your question, yes the Pens can move Malkin's salary to the IR and it will come off of the cap. I expect a big trade soon to get some offense back in Pittsburgh.
              The problem there is, they cant sign anyone to more than one year or next year when malkin comes back theyre gonna be screwed capwise.
              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• They'll probably flip a touted prospect or high draft pick on a rental guy who's contract is expiring at the end of the year.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• 5 in a row for the confounded Rangers, without a win that is.
                  god damnit they piss me off, i swear i want to kill them sometimes.
                  this quitting smoking has got me unhinged beyond belief.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• yes Bill, they put Malkin on LTIR and his salary comes off the cap so they can land a rental if need be.

If Sid is skating then that is a good sign. They don't let you begin workouts until you are symptom free for 24hrs. Now if Sid got headaches after upping the workout then we have a biggrer problem.

I'm not goin to lie I can't stand Pittsburgh, I respect their team, strong team there, they have game and ability to bring in on a nightly basis but I hate seeing a teams best players get injured.

The brightside to the Crosby situation is that it draws attention to what the league is going to do about headshots. Not just if it is violation of the blindside rule or not. They seriously need shoulder pad reductions, those caps need to be softened. I'm not a big man and I played a physical game with reliced shoulder pads that were basically some foam on the chest, some plastic to protect the bicept area and little plastic caps on the shoulder. NOT these NFL type shoulder pads these guys are wearing these days. Players today are bigger, stronger, faster and well protected by body armor. That coupled with no red line you have more speed in the game with basically 10 dudes on the ice protected to the tilt....when there is a collision the brain is the softest part of the equasion. Soften the caps on the shoulder pads and elbows and that will help cut down on concussions imho.
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                      5 in a row for the confounded Rangers, without a win that is.
                      god damnit they piss me off, i swear i want to kill them sometimes.
                      this quitting smoking has got me unhinged beyond belief.
                      Did you enjoy the new VERSUS broadcast last night Tommy? Your fav gargling Doc
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

• he's still gargling from a save by Biron from 12 hours ago.

Comment

• Well, I'm officially throwing in the towel for this season. Malkin's out, and mark my words IMHO Crosby's toast for this season too. We go from fighting for the top spot in the Eastern Conference to possibly not making the playoffs. I guess it's time to start pulling for the Wings to win it all.

Comment

• throwing in the towel already? c'mon, it's not like they're the rangers.

Comment

• Tommy, I'll still be rooting for them, but reality has set in. This team doesn't have enough goal scorers to keep pace. Unless Shero does some trade dead line heroics it's gonna be a rough ride to the playoffs.

Comment

• I'm about ready to throw in the towel for the Blackhawks. Too much decimation of last years team, they're going to need time to gel and to find the right pieces to make a good run for the Cup.
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X