No announcement yet.

Nhl 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone see rick rypien lose it in minneapolis? Hes prob gonna get 20+ games.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
      Anyone see rick rypien lose it in minneapolis? Hes prob gonna get 20+ games.
      Suspended indefinitely. He shouldn't play in the NHL again, in my opinion. I don't care if it was the heat of the moment: you're a professional athlete. You should leave the game on the ice. Even if the fan said something, fans say stuff all the time. Does Crosby lash out at the fans in Philly when the "Crosby Sucks" chant starts up? No, he just plays a bit harder and scores some goals to shut them up.
      Last edited by Spivonious; 10-21-2010, 07:05 AM.
      Scott

Comment

What did Domi get for pounding that fat ass Flyers fan who fell into the penalty box after Tie squirted him with his water bottle? I didn't see the Rypien incident, read about it, didn't sound like he did anything more than grab the guy? Should be 5 games max IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
          What did Domi get for pounding that fat ass Flyers fan who fell into the penalty box after Tie squirted him with his water bottle? I didn't see the Rypien incident, read about it, didn't sound like he did anything more than grab the guy? Should be 5 games max IMO.
          According to Wikipedia, "No formal charges were laid, but the fan was ejected from the building, and Domi was fined (but not suspended) by the NHL."

But that "fan" was actually trying to get at Domi. This guy was just standing there appplauding. The video is on Youtube. I read an article where the guy says he said "Way to be professional" and that's what set Rypien off. As a professional athlete, he needs to react better.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
            Domi shouldnt have gotten anything. That guy actually grabbed domi over the glass, and his fat ass broke it. This kid was standing there applauding and rypien assaulted him. I dont care if he pushed, grabbed, whatever- YOU DONT TOUCH FANS unless they try to physically harm you first. 20+ games, hopefully.

Comment

the fan did nothing to deserve being attacked, he never hit him and was just clapping, when Rypien walkd by and he yelled "way to be professional" and then Rypien shoved him and tried to pull him down to the tunnel. The dudes brother had to hold on to him to keep him from falling over the rail. He said he was shocked it happened and slow to react as he could believe what was happening. Puck daddy had a Q and A wuith the guys brother. The two dudes were brothers as well, he said the brother shoved shoved is 6'5 220 and wasnt worroied about him

It was totally uncalled for imho and should not allowed to happen. Unless a fan is having a physical confrontation with a player, players should never touch a fan. Now I'm all for squirting fans with water bottles if they stick their faces between the glass in the penalty box
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                the fan did nothing to deserve being attacked, he never hit him and was just clapping, when Rypien walkd by and he yelled "way to be professional" and then Rypien shoved him and tried to pull him down to the tunnel. The dudes brother had to hold on to him to keep him from falling over the rail. He said he was shocked it happened and slow to react as he could believe what was happening. Puck daddy had a Q and A wuith the guys brother. The two dudes were brothers as well, he said the brother shoved shoved is 6'5 220 and wasnt worroied about him

It was totally uncalled for imho and should not allowed to happen. Unless a fan is having a physical confrontation with a player, players should never touch a fan. Now I'm all for squirting fans with water bottles if they stick their faces between the glass in the penalty box
                Wow, a lot more to it than the news story I read. They should give him the chair
                Seriously, unbelievable for something like that to happen...20 games sounds about right.

Comment

lol, I had completely forgotten about the Domi thing. That was really funny. I wonder what went through the guy's head when the glass broke

Comment

i think you should be allowed to do whatever you want to anybody, fan or player
                    at any time of the game.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Originally posted by javert View Post
                      lol, I had completely forgotten about the Domi thing. That was really funny. I wonder what went through the guy's head when the glass broke
                      "IM FU*KED" talk about being thrown in with the lions.

In the same melee, rypien also sucker punched staubitz while the linesman had ahold of him, and bumped one of the refs, i believe. Jagr got 10 for that in 92, i think, and the sucker punch might cost him a couple too. On top of the fan incident.

Comment

• Hehe, I guess it could have been worse... it could have been Probert down there

Comment

• Wow. Rypien only got 6 games. Shouldve at least been double that.

Comment

• wasn't a repeat offender I assume...
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Megadeth rocking red wins dressing room

just in the intro to this clip http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?&id=79592
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Apparently, I should just watch Canuck home games because they ate Minny alive tonight. On the road they don't do so hot...
                                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                                X