Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Nice game by the Flyers last night. The Sabres looked like an AHL team in the 2nd.
      Scott

Comment

• greasy win by hellbatty's canucks.
        mishap in OT by colorado. a win is a win is a win.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Gotta love having 6 regulars out of the lineup this early in the season. Wierd schedule too. They played a game on last Thursday, then not until yesterday, then not again until next Monday. Hopefully the extra practice time produces some powerplay/shootout dividends.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Gotta love having 6 regulars out of the lineup this early in the season. Wierd schedule too. They played a game on last Thursday, then not until yesterday, then not again until next Monday. Hopefully the extra practice time produces some powerplay/shootout dividends.
            Was the Red Wings all last season.

I hear you on hte scheduling, Wings had 4 days off in a row last week and 4 days off in a row this week...wtf man. Then they probably have back to back road games, one on each coast
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Penguins undecided as to who gets the start in goal tonight.

Fleury: 1-5
              Johnson: 5-0-1

Is the decision really that difficult? Bylsma finally said what I've been saying for years...the kid has concentration lapses during games that lead to soft goals. Best case scenario would be for Fleury to catch a bit of a hot streak so the Pens could then trade him to some team who thinks he can be salvaged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                Penguins undecided as to who gets the start in goal tonight.

Fleury: 1-5
                Johnson: 5-0-1

Is the decision really that difficult? Bylsma finally said what I've been saying for years...the kid has concentration lapses during games that lead to soft goals. Best case scenario would be for Fleury to catch a bit of a hot streak so the Pens could then trade him to some team who thinks he can be salvaged.
                I think Fleury is just going through a slump. He's looked fantastic in previous years. But with that record, you need to start Johnson and hope Fleury can break out of his slump while sitting on the bench.

What does everyone think about Briere getting 3 games? I think that was a little harsh. Regardless, Flyers-Isles on Saturday will be a bloodbath.
                Scott

Comment

• When you consider Briere has past suspensions and the league is "clamping down" on hits to the head, 3 games is pretty light.

Canucks tried to not get their first road win last night. I think Luongo and Fluery have the same issue. Brilliants saves in bundles and then they'll let in sinkers from the blue line. The kind that just deflate the team.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Figures...I shoot my mouth off and Johnson gets shelled

Comment

• Nice fight by Crosby though.
                      Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                        Nice fight by Crosby though.
                        Yeah, he's a tough little shit. Lot's of fighting/hitting in that game...Dallas came out to intimidate. The Pens didn't back down in the toughness but I think it got them out of their game as Dallas pretty much dominated the entire night. It was the first that I watched them this year...they looked good, the complete package.

Comment

• the Pens didnt look too good last night. I watch the 1st period before the Wings vs Calgary game started.

Crosby is a pretty strong player but dont know why he picked a beef with Niskanen, he never fights and is a Euro

I hears the stars plyers were yelling "protect your asshole, protect your asshole" LOL
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• The no hit league is getting worse by the day. Joe Thornton got 5+ game and 2 more for a clean hit yesterday. What a joke.

San Jose Sharks forward Joe Thornton has been suspended for two games and will forfeit $77,419.36 in salary as a result of delivering an illegal check to the...

It used to be "keep your head up". Now its "skate with it down so when someone hits you you get a 5 minute powerplay. Totally fkn ridiculous.
                            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• Peron didn't have the puck and the hit was to the jaw. With the league saying for the last year and a half "no more headshots" I'm not shocked. If it was shoulder to shoulder or shoulder to chest it would have just been an interference call.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Its gonna be pretty hard for joe to hit him in the chest- hes 6'4" and perron is 5'10" skating forward with his head down. Plus, he missed the puck on the pass. One of the bloggers i read said "he shouldve just let him go"- thats a precursor to the all star game being played everywhere. And they will lose me as a fan. The last good sport is slowly being ruined. In the OHL, they have a "no headshot" rule- even incedental contact. rumors are its coming to the nhl within 3 years. This will pretty much eliminate hitting (or big hits) from the game entirely, because no one will go for any type of open ice hit with a 5+ game hanging over their head. Fighting is next. Then, im done.
                                Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X