No announcement yet.

Nhl 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliff, Throton got what he deserved...total cheap shot blind-side hit and nothing clean about it. That is text book right there..last year no, this year yes, blindside head shots have to stop that is why they have the rule. I have no problem knocking someones head off with a straight on hit ala Scott Stevens and Nik Kronwall
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

• i'm with Cliff, we're watching badminton on ice take shape right before our eyes.
      he led with his shoulder and his elbow and leaned into him. he just happened to catch him
      in the jaw cuz he's 12 feet taller than the guy. the idiots who run this league are causing more injuries than preventing them with
      these rules. 5 games is a joke for that hit.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• The league is stupid thats all changing the rules evrey damn season....no red line, no neutral zone battles, damn shootouts, interference penalty for puttin on your jersey, one handed hooks, blah, blah blah...all I'm sayin was Thornton (who I can't stand btw) broke the blind-side rule, (nice hit but not legal) lol...

Looks like the NHL is sending a message with suspending even jumbo Joe
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
          Cliff, Throton got what he deserved...total cheap shot blind-side hit and nothing clean about it. That is text book right there..last year no, this year yes, blindside head shots have to stop that is why they have the rule. I have no problem knocking someones head off with a straight on hit ala Scott Stevens and Nik Kronwall
          +1000

Dirty hit all around. 5 game suspension? Maybe 1 or 2, but the NHL is trying to make an example. If I was the ref, 5 minute major penalty for interference, game misconduct if there was an injury.
          Scott

Comment

• If this happened this season, Peca would be gone for 10-15 games i bet...

At the time, through my homer glasses this was a clean check. Looking back without the glasses, what a dirty play. I was at this game and I remember how I thought it was the most amazing hit I'd ever see. Selanne left on a stretcher.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Cliff, Throton got what he deserved...total cheap shot blind-side hit and nothing clean about it. That is text book right there..last year no, this year yes, blindside head shots have to stop that is why they have the rule. I have no problem knocking someones head off with a straight on hit ala Scott Stevens and Nik Kronwall
              Really? Stevens wouldve gotten 20 games for the kariya hit, for being a repeat offender. The lindros hit was exactly the same as this hit- someone got caught with their head down. Theyre slowly taking out any way to play defense for "more goals"- no obstruction whatsoever, no battles in front of the net, now you cant hit some one when they dont see you coming? WTF?. The biggest point is that open ice hits wil be a thing of the past in 5 years with stupid rules like this. Evidently joe was just supposed to come outa the box and skate to the bench?
              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                +1000

Dirty hit all around. 5 game suspension? Maybe 1 or 2, but the NHL is trying to make an example. If I was the ref, 5 minute major penalty for interference, game misconduct if there was an injury.
                If i was the ref i woulda told perron to keep his head up.

Comment

• heres what thornton and the sharks had to say.

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

Comment

• Cliff your misunderstanding the rule. Straight on hits are all good, whether you kill the guy or not. Starting THIS season and THIS season only we have a new rule called a blind-side rule. Go look it up or better yet just watch the youtube clip you posted, that defines the rule perfectly
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cliff your misunderstanding the rule. Straight on hits are all good, whether you kill the guy or not. Starting THIS season and THIS season only we have a new rule called a blind-side rule. Go look it up or better yet just watch the youtube clip you posted, that defines the rule perfectly
                      No, i understand the rule. And thats what im saying- if a guy is not looking up and gets destroyed, its his fault. And, the rule, if applied to previous hits, wouldve gotten scott stevens thrown out of the league, lol. According to this "rule", thornton, in this case, cant play defense. Hes just supposed to let the guy skate right by, i guess. Like i said earlier, open ice hits are going to be a thing of the past. Soon.

Comment

• Canucks have won 6 in a row right now even with Luongo looking nervous and uneven out there. I'm hoping this is the real team and not the one that was winless in it's first 6 road games.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          Canucks have won 6 in a row right now even with Luongo looking nervous and uneven out there. I'm hoping this is the real team and not the one that was winless in it's first 6 road games.
                          Wings fell asleep inthe third last night and let the Canucks beat their asses Scoring 4 on bobby lou should get you 2pts but you can't give up a sixer to Vancouver team
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Yeah, I didn't have a lot of confidence going in to the 3rd and then we fire off 23 shots or something. Some of that was due to some even up calls. I think we have to get the league to keep giving us teams at the end of their road trips.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• So what would the call be on this hit under the new rules?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                                So what would the call be on this hit under the new rules?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W61W4NZiRf4
                                I think that would meet the "blindside" part of the new rules. The problem with all of these hits is that the hitter is leading with his elbow. Before helmets you would have never seen hits like these.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X