No announcement yet.

Nhl 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was so awesome about that picture was that was how they looked after they won. Both teams could still give lessons to modern teams on how to leave it all on the ice.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• I hated those Canuck uniforms and Mark Messier so I remember that series too
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

• I hate Mark Messier too, even though he was a Canuck hehe.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Coming to the NHL soon, im sure, care of gary douchebag bettman.....

The new rule states that players will receive a game misconduct and a one-game suspension if they fight at the beginning of a period. The team will also be fined $500.

Give it five years and its gonna be an allstar game every night.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• I don't like staged fights either but just because a fight happens at the beginning of a period doesnt mean its staged.

Fighting for me is part of the emotional aspect of the game, you piss me off enough that warrants a beatdown then its time to drop the mitts right now...not next shift, next period, next game or at the flagpole at 3pm. When I'm ready to go I'm ready to go now

The thing that bothers me today in the Nancyboy Hockey League is when a player gives a good clean, hard hit body check to an asshat not paying attention you get 3 of his teammates coming up to you wanting to kick YOUR ass instead of going up to their teammate and telling them it was clean, should have had you head up.. Now if i took my stick and purposely knocked chicketlettes out of you mouth I can see it. The protection bullshit thing for stuff that is part of the game is beyond me. There is a time to stand up for you mates but if their dumb fucks its their fault not mine. When I played I was smaller skilled player at 5'10 170 (by todays standards) and I fought my own battles and saw it as a sign of weakness if I had others do it for me. Signs of weakness and hockey player should never be used in the same sentence ...was how the game used to be..
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

• I guess Wendel Clark's legendary hit on Bruce Bell would warrant a year-long suspension now. It's a complicated issue, really. I enjoy a clean body check as much as the next guy, but, in my opinion, the rules should first and foremost protect the health of the players. I also can't help but feel some sense of justice when a cheap-shot-artist gets his ass kicked in a fight - and I'm completely with Shawn on it being an emotional part of the game. And emotions and high intensity are so big parts of hockey. With the big hits, what changed it for me was the year Scott Stevens won the Conn Smythe trophy. I predicted that he would win it, but I was later saddened by it when he actually won it. You should not get rewarded for crippling other players.

Myself as a player, mind you I played floorball/innebandy not icehockey, I enjoyed rough-and-tumble play and the players of the other team always hated me, but I never attempted to injure anybody - and I've never been in a fight my entire life either.

If you look at soccer in Europe, there's so much stuff goes on with diving tackles and such where people's career and health are at stake, and that's exactly the kind of stuff that should be punished.

Comment

• ? Scott stevens didnt get rewarded for crippling anyone. He got rewarded for being the mvp of the playoffs. He never crippled anyone, unless youre talking about lindros, in which case eric gave as many big hits as he took. Not stevens fault lindros ended up with a scrambled brain.

With the current game and the idiots running the league, its only a matter of time before big hits and fights are a thing of the past. It started with the instigator, then the "obstruction" (joke) penalties so you cant play defense, now its no blindsides to the head, soon it will be no hits to the head, period. If that rule makes it in, big hits will be gone. No one is gonna risk 5+ a game for a big hit, for fear they "might" hit part of someones head.

For the fighting, now its "staged" fights, next theyll start handing out 5+ a 10 minute misconduct for fights.

Comment

• I'm with you on the obstruction penalties and that shit and Lindros played stupid. But how about Francis? And he hit somebody else bigtime that year. Can't remember who right now. Anyways, my point still stands.

Comment

• Hey Rupe, what did I tell you about Fleury???!!! Here's hoping he keeps it up.

Comment

• They're actually airing a couple of NHL games a week on a regular Danish tv channel now. It used to be that you had to pay a fortune to get any NHL games (and I used to pay). I just watched the Penguins vs. Sabres game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                        Hey Rupe, what did I tell you about Fleury???!!! Here's hoping he keeps it up.

Comment

• I tell you one thing, I wish Marty McSorley was still around to play against Sean Avery...

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                            I tell you one thing, I wish Marty McSorley was still around to play against Sean Avery...
                            agreed. nice attempt at not one, but two slewfoots on crosby. Where is godard and why isnt the coach letting him do his job???

Comment

• thats a penalty on whoever Crosby slewfooted too Cliff...lol..WTF man?
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• whistle!!! penalty!!! whistle!!! penalty!!!
                                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                                X