Nhl 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tekky View Post
    I'm about ready to throw in the towel for the Blackhawks. Too much decimation of last years team, they're going to need time to gel and to find the right pieces to make a good run for the Cup.
    Theyll make the playoffs, but i dont picture them getting out of the first round.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
      Theyll make the playoffs, but i dont picture them getting out of the first round.
      you guys winning the cup last year is an automatic "good for 5 years" state of being. i still can't believe how that team was dismantled after the cup.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• too tight of a race in both conference to say who'll be in and who'll be out come the star of the second season....going to be an interesting sprint the last 25 games or or so.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
          you guys winning the cup last year is an automatic "good for 5 years" state of being. i still can't believe how that team was dismantled after the cup.
          I still have trouble believing that they traded Byfuglien. He is a great all-around player.

As far as this year goes, I pinch myself daily to make sure I'm not dreaming. The Flyers are playing like a genuine Cup team. It's too bad about Malkin and Crosby. Pittsburgh was really turning it on when they got hurt. Now they definitely look like a team that scrapes into the playoffs and is eliminated in 5 games.
          Scott

Comment

• injuries are part of the game. every team has to deal with health issues.
            last year the wings were decimated.
            don't pinch yourself too hard Spiv, lots of season left, don't throw a whammy on your team.
            don't get too high oir too low about your team unless its the rangers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
              I still have trouble believing that they traded Byfuglien. He is a great all-around player.

As far as this year goes, I pinch myself daily to make sure I'm not dreaming. The Flyers are playing like a genuine Cup team. It's too bad about Malkin and Crosby. Pittsburgh was really turning it on when they got hurt. Now they definitely look like a team that scrapes into the playoffs and is eliminated in 5 games.
              Pitt is gonna look alot worse after last nights game with the isles, lol.

Lots o suspensions coming from that circus.

Anyone watch dallas/hawks? Good god, the hawks got fuckin jobbed.One goal that was obvious was disallowed, then brendan morrow hits one in for dallas with a 6 foot high stick and it counts?!?!? Chris lee is a fuckn idiot. When i saw he was reffing i knew it wasnt good.

Comment

• As if the Flyers needed any more offensive depth...

What are everyone's thoughts on the Pens/Isles suspensions? I understand that the Pens guy has to get 10 games because it's in the rulebook, but I really expected the Isles guys to get more than 4 and 9. Look at Steve Downie's hit a few years ago that got him 20 games. Was it really any worse than the blind elbow to Talbot?
                Scott

Comment

• I'm kind of surprised the Flyers had the cap room to fit versteegs 3+M per year. Great pick up though, he is one of those guys that scores clutch goals, not just goals when they come easy.

I didn't see the isles/pens donnybrook so I can't really comment but the team got a pretty significant fine on top of the suspensions ($100K). Hopefully that persuades them to think before gooning it up the next time, since I don't think Wang has spare cash falling out of his pockets these days.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

As if the Flyers needed any more offensive depth...

What are everyone's thoughts on the Pens/Isles suspensions? I understand that the Pens guy has to get 10 games because it's in the rulebook, but I really expected the Isles guys to get more than 4 and 9. Look at Steve Downie's hit a few years ago that got him 20 games. Was it really any worse than the blind elbow to Talbot?
                    I heard about that last night watching the game on Versus. That's a damn good addition to an already deep team. Reality is that the Flyers are looking tops in the East. Boston may give them a slight run for the money, but IMHO they're too old and not as deep.

As I said last week, the Pens season is all over but the crying. Way too many injuries to way too many key players. If we get lucky we'll make the first round, but that'll be it. Yep, you heard it from me first.

Surprised Tommy isn't busting my balls over his Rangers win Sunday afternoon...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      I'm kind of surprised the Flyers had the cap room to fit versteegs 3+M per year. Great pick up though, he is one of those guys that scores clutch goals, not just goals when they come easy.

I didn't see the isles/pens donnybrook so I can't really comment but the team got a pretty significant fine on top of the suspensions ($100K). Hopefully that persuades them to think before gooning it up the next time, since I don't think Wang has spare cash falling out of his pockets these days.
                      According to http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=24, they have about $130k left.

Is $100k really that big of a fine when your 2010-11 payroll is over $40M? That's 0.25%. That would be like fining me $100. Would I rather have that $100? Sure, but it's not going to break my budget.
                      Scott

Comment

As if the Flyers needed any more offensive depth...

Tangredi got the elbow. Talbot got the bertuzzi-esque sucker punch. Luckily it just grazed him. Gilles shouldve gotten 10, godard shoulda got 10 for coming off the bench and another 2 for being the third man in. But whatever. Shit happens. By far the worst was crybaby lemieuxs' comments. Sorry, mario, you had ulf samuelsson on your team, and matt cooke presently. Cooke got 4 for being a repeat offender, and mario was defending him. Now your team gets their asses handed to them, and the suspensions are not long enough? Whatever.

Im not condoning the isles actions, it got way outa hand... They shoulda challenged talbot, went toe to toe, and played the rest of the game. But you know this was all about retribution for the dipietro deal, and talbots hit on blake comeau.

Comment

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
                          I heard about that last night watching the game on Versus. That's a damn good addition to an already deep team. Reality is that the Flyers are looking tops in the East. Boston may give them a slight run for the money, but IMHO they're too old and not as deep.

As I said last week, the Pens season is all over but the crying. Way too many injuries to way too many key players. If we get lucky we'll make the first round, but that'll be it. Yep, you heard it from me first.

Surprised Tommy isn't busting my balls over his Rangers win Sunday afternoon...
                          i can't bring myself to bust balls when my team beats a penguins team without crosby or malkin, and also coming off a 5 game schneid. they are still appalling and deplorable.
                          you're safe for now.

Comment

• what the hell do you guys make of my Rangers? they are a confounding bunch to say the very least. they have had 3 impressive
                            and big wins this year over the caps, 2 of them being 7-0, and a 6-0. they have beaten the penguins a few times as well. they have beaten top tier teams, they smoked philly yesterday 7-0, Henrik is playing out of his mind, leads the league in shutouts with 9, they have 7 players that will tally 20 plus goals this season, a huge and welcome change from the past, and they have some great young skill players on the rise like Stepan, Anisimov, Zuccarello, Dubinsky and callahan, Sauer, the list goes on and on, they have gotten younger, and when they lose they don't lose badly, problem is they lose outright and don't lose often in OT for that extra point.
                            What i see right now is a decent team that looks really good for the future but in reality is no more than a 8th or possible 7th seed who will most likely bow out in the first round still and that's not fair to Henrik. If King henrik was on a loaded team, he;d have a cup already, the guy really is that good, top 3 or 4 in my book as goalies go. Rangers may be a team that nobody wants to play in the 1st round, would be nice to see them get in without having it go down to the last game or two of the season.
                            I AM GOING WEDNESDAY NIGHT AGAINST THE MUCH HATED DUCKS. SECTION 222, TEN ROWS UP, CENTER ICE. LUNDQVIST JERSEY ON, LOUD MOUTH WIDE OPEN AND READY TO SPOUT. I WILL GET THROWN OUT, I PROMISE.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CEEQ9QEwBQ

CHOICE FUCKIN' SEATS

Comment

• You should have seen the Canucks/Ducks game the other night Tommy. There was some kind of super fan road trip and there were at least 5000 people ( if not much more ) wearing Canucks jerseys in the stand all SUPER loud and obnoxious. you could see the season ticket holders looked a little shell shocked haha.

I like the Rangers now in spite of 94, I just can't stand fuggin Leech, Messier, and Richter with a special pot of burning hatred for Buekeboom and Larmer too.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                                what the hell do you guys make of my Rangers? they are a confounding bunch to say the very least. they have had 3 impressive
                                and big wins this year over the caps, 2 of them being 7-0, and a 6-0. they have beaten the penguins a few times as well. they have beaten top tier teams, they smoked philly yesterday 7-0, Henrik is playing out of his mind, leads the league in shutouts with 9, they have 7 players that will tally 20 plus goals this season, a huge and welcome change from the past, and they have some great young skill players on the rise like Stepan, Anisimov, Zuccarello, Dubinsky and callahan, Sauer, the list goes on and on, they have gotten younger, and when they lose they don't lose badly, problem is they lose outright and don't lose often in OT for that extra point.
                                What i see right now is a decent team that looks really good for the future but in reality is no more than a 8th or possible 7th seed who will most likely bow out in the first round still and that's not fair to Henrik. If King henrik was on a loaded team, he;d have a cup already, the guy really is that good, top 3 or 4 in my book as goalies go. Rangers may be a team that nobody wants to play in the 1st round, would be nice to see them get in without having it go down to the last game or two of the season.
                                I AM GOING WEDNESDAY NIGHT AGAINST THE MUCH HATED DUCKS. SECTION 222, TEN ROWS UP, CENTER ICE. LUNDQVIST JERSEY ON, LOUD MOUTH WIDE OPEN AND READY TO SPOUT. I WILL GET THROWN OUT, I PROMISE.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CEEQ9QEwBQ

CHOICE FUCKIN' SEATS
                                I think they lucked out and caught the Flyers in a slump. Half the team has the flu and the defense can't seem to clear any rebounds.

The Rangers will definitely make the playoffs though. They have a drive that they were missing last year.

I'm surprised that the Penguins are doing as well as they are.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X