Nhl 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Razor View Post
    Flyers played the last thirty minutes like the Pens played the first thirty minutes. May have been just me, but I thought Stall looked terrible last night. He couldn't stay on his feet, couldn't hit and damn sure couldn't control the puck. Giroux once again looked like a stud, and Bobrosky sure knows how to step it up against the Pens. Once again, Bobrosky stole the game while Fleury failed to stop the pucks that really needed stopped. Once the Pens got away from the dump and chase in the second I knew it was all over. That and Kunitz missing the wide open net in the second, and Stall and Talbot not burying their breakaways. Yeah, I was cussing the Pens pretty good last night.
    I wouldn't say Bob stole the game. The Flyers just locked down after the Pens' second goal (which Bob should have stopped...that's why I don't think he's the playoff starter) and didn't give them any good chances.

Flyers definitely dominated in the second half. They can win the Cup if they play like that. The problem is that they usually play like they did in the first half and let the other team walk all over them. We'll meet again in the playoffs.
    Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
      president's trophy curse
      Bah! The Wings won the trophy and the cup in 2008 and the average for PT trophy winners to win the cup is something like 28%. I'll take a 28% chance of the cup!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• is it really 28%? i don't like that, seems to low for comfort for me.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• Can Luongo win deep in the playoffs? He needs to get that monkey off his back. You don't earn you money in the regular season. Things are going really well for them but we all know playoff hockey isn't regular season hockey

I think the Presidents trophy is the kiss of death but I saw both sides of it with Detroit.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Well Canucks management says they modelled themselves after the Wings so lets hope its the non-curse wings...
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              Bah! The Wings won the trophy and the cup in 2008 and the average for PT trophy winners to win the cup is something like 28%. I'll take a 28% chance of the cup!
              You better hope the hawks dont sneak in at #8! Although we dont have byfuglien to fart on luongo this year and break his concentration lol.
              Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• The Hawks look pretty good and can do some damage. I think they'll get in and they are off a lot of peoples radar. They are the defending Stanley Cup Champions and will be until someone sends them to the golf course.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

• If we have to face Chicago in the first round , we can just throw in our 15 win, .930 sv% backup goalie. Unfortunately that team has gotten in Luongo's mind and I don't think he'll ever be successful against them.

One thing I tell you is nice is throwing on a hockey game every time they play and BELIEVING they have a good chance they will win rather than dreaming about it. Definitely had a lot of dreaming years in this city....
                  Last edited by Hellbat; 03-30-2011, 04:48 PM.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    The Hawks look pretty good and can do some damage. I think they'll get in and they are off a lot of peoples radar. They are the defending Stanley Cup Champions and will be until someone sends them to the golf course.
                    unfortunately, they have no secondary scoring this year. niemi<>crawford so far, and if bolland and sharp are out? we are screwed. first round and done.

as an aside, tonights game (det/stl) was a thing of beauty.
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

• stupid night not to walk out of buffalo with at least 1 fuckin' point when your goalie is henrik fuckin' lundqvist
                      and he gives up 1 god damn goal.
                      that team will forever piss the fukk out of me, it's their job.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                        is it really 28%? i don't like that, seems to low for comfort for me.
                        I agree. That means if you don't win the President's Trophy, you win the Cup 72% of the time.

Vancouver looks like they could go all the way right now. But you never know when a 2010 Montreal team will come in and wipe out the top seeds. Honestly, I think that will be the Rangers this year. I expect to see them in the conference finals.
                        Last edited by Spivonious; 03-31-2011, 08:32 AM.
                        Scott

Comment

• the rangers?? come again? the rangers?? ha haa!! poor Spiv has really lost it hasn;'t he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                            I agree. That means if you don't win the President's Trophy, you win the Cup 72% of the time.
                            No it doesn't mean that. There are many teams that don't win the President's Trophy any given year and only one of those can win the Cup.

Comment

• If all the teams that qualify for the playoffs have an equal chance at winning the Cup, that's a probability of 1/16. 28% is quite a lot more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by javert View Post
                                If all the teams that qualify for the playoffs have an equal chance at winning the Cup, that's a probability of 1/16. 28% is quite a lot more than that.

1/16 = 6.25% chance to win
                                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                                X