Nhl 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
    sorry batty. I didnt want boston or vancouver to win, lol. You guys need a different mentality, imo. the sedins play euro hockey. That doesnt get it done in the playoffs.

I think AV is gone also.
    AV won't be gone. The Canucks problem was the star players couldn't elevate their game when it mattered most. Pretty much all 3 losses in Boston can be laid fairly square on Luongo's shoulders, he let in stinkers in each of those games. Also the powerplay fell apart. If the other team isn't afraid to take penalties they will take liberties.

The Sedin's problem is when the game gets chippy they just take it, take it, take it. They need to learn the lesson of Pavel Bure and early in the playoffs, you lay the first guy out that starts taking liberties with you. If people think you will fuck them up for playing rough with you they will stop it. It's clear the refs have no interest in stepping in. The only way the Sedins will ever be effective in the playoffs is if they get a big mean dude on the line with them. Burrows will never keep the other team in check unless they are afraid of biting and hair pulling.

Bieksa goes from awesome to ordinary as soon as Hamhuis went out. With a couple of the top four D men (Bieksa, Ehrhoff) becoming free agents this summer I would expect to see some different faces on the Canucks blue line next year. Unfortunately Ballard is currently worth about a bag of pucks at 4 million a year, hopefully he comes to camp motivated as hell next fall.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
      Alex mogilny?!? really? Did that guy EVER play defense? Maybe quinn meant "the best ONE way player".
      From his years with the Leafs (which is when we started getting the NHL over here), I say he played a fairly well-rounded game, at least compared to somebody like Bure or Kovalchuk. He wans't physical, of course. I don't know what he was like in his Buffalo days.

Comment

• From what I've seen of the playoffs this year (and this is just those 5 min. recaps on nhl.com), I think some of the criticism that the Sedin twins received has been unfair. From what I've seen, they've been generating scoring chances even when they haven't been scoring.

Comment

• I was just reading the news this morning and .... riots in Vancouver? Talk about taking sports too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by sambencuda View Post
            Man, I didn't realize how emotional this would be. I've waited my whole life for this. Tim Thomas Conn Smythe winner! Would not have been possible without him!!!
            I had to wait my first 29 years until i got to see the rangers win, i understand what it feels like. I watched them lose to the bruins in 72, the canadiens in '79,
            and then watch the islanders dominate hockey for years, man it was sweet when they finally won, but taken as a whole, the rangers have won 1 cup in the last 71 years. that is deplorable.
            I feel bad for Batty, i really thought this was his year.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

• I honestly thought Vancouver had it in the bag due to home ice, but seeing how the Broons have been playing I can't really be surprised.

I remember at the beginning of the game when that one guy was holding up a sign that said "hockey is Canada's game;" well when American TimmyTommy won MVP while Russian Chara was hoisting the cup, I kinda lol'ed.

The riots are stupid, and they would have happened no matter what because the people who do that kind of crap are usually a bunch of redshirts just looking for excuses to start shit.

At the least, Lebrongo should learn a whole lot of humility and humbleness in the offseason because a lot of what got to him was his own damn ego and this really was a series where the goalies moreso than anyone else decided who won or lost

Comment

• Spent my first 20 years in Boston..... really pumped for the franchise, been such a long time.

Love their physical style of play, although they are not afraid to cross the line sometimes. Saw them when they came out here to play the Avalanche earlier this year and they just pushed them around the ice to a 6-2 win.

Thomas was phenomenal, except for the easy ones he let in that Luongo would have certainly stopped.

They just need a superstar goal scorer to improve the team.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

• Originally posted by javert View Post
                  From what I've seen of the playoffs this year (and this is just those 5 min. recaps on nhl.com), I think some of the criticism that the Sedin twins received has been unfair. From what I've seen, they've been generating scoring chances even when they haven't been scoring.
                  The Sedins were 1st and 4th among the league in regular season scoring. I think they combined for 2 goals and 3 assists in the finals.

Tim Thomas knocked one of them on his ass in the crease. Then one of them got punched in the face like 5-6 times in another game and did nothing about it. I saw that and it was like....game over. And these guys aren't tiny either, they need to toughen up a bit.
                  Last edited by Larz; 06-17-2011, 08:54 AM.
                  Jackson KV2
                  Jackson KE1T
                  Jackson KE1F
                  Jackson SL1

Comment

• You got it Larz. They need to learn to stand up for themselves. Anti-bully 101 class is needed. They also need to learn how to drive a puck to the net and score greasy. Opponents know they can just stay tight on the one without the puck to neutralize them.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Congrats to the B's...well deserved!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        You got it Larz. They need to learn to stand up for themselves. Anti-bully 101 class is needed.

True. Anyone who follows the east coast teams for longer than these playoffs can tell you that the Broons are infamous for being bullies, and opponents have to stand up to them and fight back or the Broons will win.

I am glad the cup is on the east coast, but man that was an ugly series. The Broons bullied and the Canucks acted like it was FIFA with the diving and refpucking.

Comment

You got it Larz. They need to learn to stand up for themselves. Anti-bully 101 class is needed. They also need to learn how to drive a puck to the net and score greasy. Opponents know they can just stay tight on the one without the puck to neutralize them.
                          It just blows me away that Sedin, one of the two faces of the franchise and NHL superstar, lets Marchand, an NHL rookie of all people, punch him repeatedley like that in the face and not do anything about it except look to the ref for a penalty. Even if you suck at fighting, at least throw one back and duck. You know at least Raffy Torres will jump in to help you.

Maybe it will be a lesson learned and will eat away at them all summer and light a fire for next season?
                          Jackson KV2
                          Jackson KE1T
                          Jackson KE1F
                          Jackson SL1

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	luongo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	2445467
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

You got it Larz. They need to learn to stand up for themselves. Anti-bully 101 class is needed. They also need to learn how to drive a puck to the net and score greasy. Opponents know they can just stay tight on the one without the puck to neutralize them.
                              they need to leave their vaginas in the locker room and take their balls out on the ice lol. Hockey is a big-boy sport, you can't take no shit from anyone regardless of size. Only you can protect yourself. This final was all about being physical. Vancouver as talented as they are, had a mentally fragile Luongo and just a little too soft of a team. They remind of me Detroit. They will add some more sandpaper and grit, learn to dumb it down, chip & chase, ground and pound in the playoffs as the fancy pancy stuff won't lead you to the promise land in the playoffs..two completely different types of hockey. They have ti taste defeat to hunger for victory. They'll be back Hellbat, they really are a good team. It takes a while for that to set in on puck possession, talent stacked teams, and that is what Mike Babcock had to do with the team to win his cup in Detroit...toughen up and
                              play ugly hockey when needed.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2318[/ATTACH]

Sadly true

Comment

Working...
                                X