Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody try one of those iPhone/iPad Amp kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody try one of those iPhone/iPad Amp kits?

I think they're like iRig or iAmp or some thing like that. Anyone try one of those? Thoughts? Experience?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

I want to grab an iRig, but every time the store I buy my gear from gets them in, they are out the door the same day. I'll grab one in the next couple of weeks and let you know my opinion. (Which is highly respected in some quarters. Not so much in others...)
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Well... You are Canadian...

Blank yo!

Comment

I don't know anything about those, but I'll tell ya this... I use my MacBook Pro, Logic Studio (AWESOME recording app!), a Mackie Onyx Satellite, and the AmpliTube plugin (KILLER amp plugin!) to record my guitar and when I plug my MacBook's headphone out into a good stereo system, or even straight into my Marshall (I keep the TSL100 at my house for practicing, etc.), HOLY F-ING CRAP!!! It sounds BRUTAL!!!! It's a great way to play/practice because you can drop a song mp3 into Logic and practice parts with looping or whatever. GREAT way to write/record solos! If I had a pedal board to control the AmpliTube effects, I might consider using that setup live.

But then again, I picked up a KRANK Rev+ from Tony at the factory a couple months ago and will be hard-pressed to use anything else live!

Sorry.. I kinda digressed there...

Comment

I've got the iRig, and right now I'm still using the free version of Amplitube. It works okay, certainly not the best practice amp situation but works well out on the road. I like that the iRig makes for a good all-around interface for other iPhone apps too. The t.c. electronic Polytune app is a must have, IMO, and the iRig supports that one too.
          Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Does the irig work with the petersen strobe tuner app?
            Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
            X