Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to BLS/COB/Clutch in NYC Oct 20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to BLS/COB/Clutch in NYC Oct 20?

Getting tix today for Black Label, Children of Bodom and Clutch at the Hammerstein on Oct 20. Anyone else going to this show?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Fuck Zakk!

In all seriousness though, I did just hear that BLS isnt playing the next couple shows cause that dirtbag is in the hospital again. Good I say, more time for CoB!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yeah - I'm not really a BLS fan myself - mostly sounds the same to me - and I've yet to hear one great riff on any of the songs.

But - never seen COB live and am a huge Clutch fan... so...
      Blank yo!

Comment

I would have already gotten tix, but I’m not sure if I’m in town then. Ironic since I’m on vacation then but haven’t figured out what the wife wants…doubt she wants to see this show! If I stick around, I might wait til I’m sure BLS will play since he recently was hospitalized again.

Actually, the band I really want to see is the show the day before, Oct 19 at the Gramercy, Nevermore’s playing then, and I never saw them live. Loomis any good?
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I saw COB live and they were awful. Then again, Alexi is usually drunk which explains quite a bit.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

Saw this show last night.

Opening band was 2Cents - not very good. Singer kept insulting the audience because no body was paying any attention to them. Cursed a lot.

COB - ripped for like 5 or 6 songs. Keyboards always make me laugh in a metal setting. As Bruce Dickenson once told a fan, "You can't play heavy metal on a synthesizer." Sounded good, nice and tight. Played mostly songs I knew.

Clutch - my favorite band, so I'm biased. Kick ass show. Sounded good. Was the only singer who sang and you could understand the words. Too short for me, obviously. Played some new, some old. PRF, 50,000 Unstoppable Watts, Let a Poor Man Be, Animal Farm, Space Grass, Electric Worry, 1 Eyed $. In my opinion they should have pummelled the crowd with some early Hardcore style tunes - Impetus, Pile Driver, High Caliber Consecrator, Shogun, etc.

BLS - First time seeing BLS. Left during the guitar solo. Wasn't really a fan before, still not after the show. Instruments sounded fine but Zakk's singing and constant "Yeaaah, yeaaaaaaaaaah, yeaaaaaaaaaaaahing" all the time was grating to say the least. Monster playing, weak songs and execution.

No Jacksons. ESPs, Gibbos abound. And Zakk played mostly Split Tail Epiphones and that horrid coffin shaped one.
            Blank yo!

Comment

I went last night.. It was the first time I saw Zack since No More Tears tour.. Thought he was pretty good. I didnt care for COB but then again I never did
              http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Working...
              X