Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who gigs their most expensive/ rarest gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't ya just hate having something (anything: guitars/cars) new and shiny, and then it gets the first scratch, ding, chip, nick, ping, etc? After that initial 5 second flurry of emotion, I realize that it's only a material thing. Guitars are made to be played, cars to drive. Such is life, at times....
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

My primary gigging guitar IS my most expensive guitar, and from what I can tell, it may not be rare, but it is uncommon in that I personally have only seen one other 95 San Dimas III Charvel. That was on Ebay and it was sold before I had the chance to bid on it. I have tried out countless other guitars and have not found many that stand up to this one tone wise so I play it most of the time. I usually carry two or three guitars with me to a gig. There are a couple of songs that I play the Blue orange Flame DK2 on, just because the flame finish kinda fits the song. Not that I have this PS4 ready to rock, It'll probably be my drop D guitar, but it's still pretty much me and my III.

My SD III Not a great pic but...

Blue Orange Backup

POS Ibanez with a home made paint job.. Not a great guitar but I used it alot when I was playing southern rock because... well.... just because..
      Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 10-13-2010, 07:09 AM. Reason: Pics..
      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Two of my favorite guitar colors right there! I wish Jackson would still do the UVB.
        That UVB SL2H has sort of become my main stage axe so to speak. Still in excellent condition and I haven't put one ding or scratch on it either I wish Jackson would bring back this finish.
        As for the blue Les Paul, its a backbreaker for most people, 12.3 lbs! I personally don't mind heavy guitars so its no biggie for me. There's just something about blue Les Pauls that look great and you don't see them often. I have one more blue Les Paul but I doubt that one will get gigged. Its a 68 reissue Les Paul Custom in trans blue flame. I have never seen another blue Les Paul Custom.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
        X