Just got hit with a strong hail storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got hit with a strong hail storm

Wow, I've been in small little hail showers but not a strong hail storm like this.
    3 windows got busted/shattered.
    The siding all along one side of the house is damaged, really damaged.

Just unbelievable devastating power and force.
    You watch and hear it hit and do damage, you think wow I'm glad I'm inside and not outside in the stuff. More about this in a moment.

The Hail covered the sky, one minute it was dark and the next was covered with white constant hail just battering down.
    The hail was golf ball size and bigger and it hailed for about 15-20 minutes.
    Never seen anything like that before.

At one point like a goof, I was filled with stupid curiosity and thought I could for some reason step outside safely and get a better "visual" and "feel" for the storm.
    Slightly poked my head out the back patio door and a large hail whizzed by my head and I leaned back inside. The foolish stuff the mind thinks at the worst time can get ya hurt if not killed. Reason and logic set in quickly once the hail whizzed by my head. A silent voice spoke to me and said, "Back inside Allan that's where you belong."

Thought I'd share.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

My friend had over $4000 of damage done to his 199x ford tempo (yes that does pretty much equal a write off) in a hailstorm this July. An icecube/hailstone travelling at approximately 120MPH (total guess as to terminal velocity.) can do a lot of hurt.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I've never been through this sort of thing.
      But first thing tomorrow I'll be contacting the insurance people and go from there.
      One whole complete side of my house the siding is completely damaged, on the garage too.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

shock and awe soapster. people can get inquisitive and also freeze as well.
        some people chase twisters, and the smart ones employ the defense tactic of the gazelle and
        the fukk out of there. sorry about your house. must have been a sight.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
          shock and awe soapster.
          That's a pretty accurate description how I felt during it.
          It was wickedly loud and wickedly powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
            Wow, I've been in small little hail showers but not a strong hail storm like this.
            3 windows got busted/shattered.
            The siding all along one side of the house is damaged, really damaged.

Just unbelievable devastating power and force.
            You watch and hear it hit and do damage, you think wow I'm glad I'm inside and not outside in the stuff. More about this in a moment.

The Hail covered the sky, one minute it was dark and the next was covered with white constant hail just battering down.
            The hail was golf ball size and bigger and it hailed for about 15-20 minutes.
            Never seen anything like that before.

At one point like a goof, I was filled with stupid curiosity and thought I could for some reason step outside safely and get a better "visual" and "feel" for the storm. Of course, our hail was only marble sized(thank god). It was a steady shower of it for 10 minutes though.
            Slightly poked my head out the back patio door and a large hail whizzed by my head and I leaned back inside. The foolish stuff the mind thinks at the worst time can get ya hurt if not killed. Reason and logic set in quickly once the hail whizzed by my head. A silent voice spoke to me and said, "Back inside Allan that's where you belong."

Thought I'd share.
            Yeah, it hit here at about 4pm. I got pics but havent uploaded them to my computer yet. Whod have thought in the middle of October. Ours was marble sized(thank god), but it was steady like rain for 10 minutes.
            Last edited by Twitch; 10-13-2010, 06:36 PM.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Where the hell are you in Indiana Soap?

Comment

Near Marion?

http://www.wthr.com/story/13318425/s...entral-indiana
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Near Marion?
                  Yep

Comment

We had some pretty nasty hail Monday night in northern NJ - delayed MNF. Sounded like bricks hitting my car. Luckily no damage.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                    X