Rearranging songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rearranging songs

Lately, I've been working on transforming Christina Agulera's song Beautiful, into a hard rock song, complete with solo in D# dorian.

I've done this with beach boys song's too. Kind of revamping the song, alsost like a punk cover, but not quite punk.

Does anyone ever totally rearrange songs? Take a pop song and turn it metal? Take a hip hop song and make it rock? Take a classical song and add a bass groove to it?

Anyone????

Sounds cool. I struggle / suck too much and barely get by as it is.

Comment

I've never totally rearranged tunes. My band often comes up with our own arrangements of songs, mainly because we don't spend enough time listening to the source material and just rush in to work out our own version

A friend's band has done a very serviceable hard rock version of Kylie Minogue's Confide In Me. It's fun watching the audience grappling with "what song is this?" They all recognise it but can't place until the chorus, when it dawns on them that they've been rocking out to a Kylie song!
      Hail yesterday

Comment

My band does metalized covers of classic rock tunes - Ever hear The Stone's "Heartbreaker" thrash metal style?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Enter Sandman translates to reggae surprisingly well, as a buddy's band used to demonstrate.
          Also Britney's Born To Make You Happy has a real Yngwie vibe to it, and would benefit from epic neoclassical shredwork - I've had a go, but I just don't got the chops.

Comment

Working...
          X