That Metal Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Metal Show

If you're interested, That Metal Show returns tomorrow night in it's new 1 hour format. There are now (at least) 2 guests per show and guitarists shredding into the commercial breaks. comes on VH1 Classic at 11pm E/10pm Central. Here is a list of guests for the next few weeks. Oh, also, if you're interested, Phil Collen on Eddie Trunk's radio show tonight, can listen on www.q1043.com at 10pm central

Saturday 10/16/10 Tribute to Dio
    Vinny Appice
    Geezer Butler
    Simon Wright
    Wendy Dio
    Tom Morello
    Rob Halford
    Craig Goldy (Guitarist)

Saturday 10/23/10
    Michael Anthony
    Kip Winger
    Carrie Keagan
    Tracii Guns (Guitarist)

Saturday 10/30/10
    Philip Anselmo
    Bruce Kulick*
    George Lynch (Guitarist)

Saturday 11/6/10

Phil Collen
    Frankie Banali
    George Lynch (Guitarist)

Saturday 11/13/10
    Jeff & Frank of Tesla
    Chuck Billy
    Tracii Guns (Guitarist)

Saturday 11/20/10
    Bill Ward
    Danzig
    Richie Kotzen (Guitarist)

Saturday 11/27/10
    Jason Bonham
    Rikki Rockett
    Craig Goldy (Guitarist)

Saturday 12/4/10
    Slash
    Myles Kennedy
    George Lynch (Guitarist)

Saturday 12/11/10
    "Scrap Metal" - Season 6 Outakes/Unseen Extras

*Bruce Kulick will be the second guest, not Billy Sheehan, as was originally listed.
    For the aid of the sarcastically challenged, smartass comments will now be denoted in orange. Thank you for your support.

Sounds cool. Abouttime they extended it. The old formAt seemed to last 5 minutes
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by dustin1969 View Post
      I
      Saturday 10/23/10
      Michael Anthony
      Kip Winger
      Carrie Keagan
      Tracii Guns (Guitarist)
      So that night is the "non metal" Metal Show, eh?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
        So that night is the "non metal" Metal Show, eh?
        maybe carrie keagan can get up and do some cookie monster vocals over Tracii's rendition of Sex Action. puking optional
        For the aid of the sarcastically challenged, smartass comments will now be denoted in orange. Thank you for your support.

Comment

Cool! Jim Florentine MC'd the Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax show I saw last week.
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Damn, I wanna watch this show but I don't think they provide his channel over here. I wonder if it will be on youtube or something. I wanna see the Phil one.

Comment

I wonder why Lynch is on there so many times? I saw the episode with him and Don Dokken. You can still see the love/hate relationship between those two even though they say it was manufactured by the label.
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Slash = metal? No Jon Oliva? They seem a bit confused..
                RIP Criss Oliva -> Still The Orchestra Plays
                My Guitars: Fender USA Custom "Holstinin" Strat with Dimarzio SD and Chopper pups, 1987 Charvel Model 3a, Fender 1985 Contemporary Standard 22 Stratocaster, Custom Shop 72 Reissue "Blackmorecaster" by Fender Japan, 1979 Jolana Galaxis

Comment

Originally posted by savatage View Post
                  They say that they are all things Heavy Metal and Hard Rock. FWIW, a good show. Glad they finally extended it.
                  "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                    I wonder why Lynch is on there so many times? I saw the episode with him and Don Dokken. You can still see the love/hate relationship between those two even though they say it was manufactured by the label.
                    They're trying to sell the upcoming reunion by TRYING to act like buds. I'll say that Don has always shown respect for George's talent.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by savatage View Post
                      Yeah, Slash was part of the 80s metal scene. As for Jon, they couldn't find a chair that would hold him! Believe me, Eddie would love to sit next to Jon to look thin!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

are those two "comics" funny now? We should see that over here around 2012. A few weeks back they were talking about Metallica's triumphant return with Death Magnetic.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Are they still doing "Stump the Trunk" where he gets every question wrong??

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            Are they still doing "Stump the Trunk" where he gets every question wrong??
                            heard him say on the radio that it wasn't in the Dio tribute episode but should be on the rest of the shows. I love the hour format now, but damn, the reason people wanted them to go an hour was so he could interview people for more than 4 minutes. If you double the number of guests, that doesn't help much.

BTW, someone asked why Lynch was on so many, I believe it was because they taped 3 episodes in one day and he was available all day.

Comment

Originally posted by MindRapist View Post
                              Damn, I wanna watch this show but I don't think they provide his channel over here. I wonder if it will be on youtube or something. I wanna see the Phil one.

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              We should see that over here around 2012. A few weeks back they were talking about Metallica's triumphant return with Death Magnetic.
                              Try going to http://www.vh1.com/shows/that_metal_show/series.jhtml that is for the latest show... there are older shows there too, just can't figure out how to access them through the site, so far can only find the direct links through googling the site and an episode

Comment

Working...
                              X