No announcement yet.

That Metal Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I had been hearing sounds like Anselmo is finally getting his shit together and off the drugs.

Fuck em for how he acted during the Dimebag murder timeframe (and right before), but, drugs can be a real bitch.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

in honor of Phil Collen being on, tonight one of the "stump the trunk" questions was what brand of guitar does Phil Collen play?

(he got it wrong)
      For the aid of the sarcastically challenged, smartass comments will now be denoted in orange. Thank you for your support.

Comment

Just saw that, I love the show, but Eddie should have nailed that.
        Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          A few weeks back they were talking about Metallica's triumphant return with Death Magnetic.
          Umm, no. If half assed and being off beat with each other on more than one song on the CD is "triumphant", then I stand corrected.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by dustin1969 View Post
            in honor of Phil Collen being on, tonight one of the "stump the trunk" questions was what brand of guitar does Phil Collen play?

(he got it wrong)
            Yeah, and not just him that got it wrong. Don guessed wrong and Eddie a second time. Jeez, Phil's only been endorsing Jacksons for 20+ years!

I have to comment on G Lynch's choice of effects while on last weeks episode. He had either a phaser or flanger on the ENTIRE time. It really took away from his playing. I'm not talking about what he played which was damn good but the damn effect was annoying...but maybe not as annoying as his hobo gloves! Does he play outside in winter?!
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Aight I got this crap set to record. I had to upgrade to Dish Network's America's Top 250...the damn Top 200 package doesn't have VH1 Classic. Argh! Well, at least I get the Science Channel now, too. I like Mars. Mars rocks! Badump tishhhhh...

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                Umm, no. If half assed and being off beat with each other on more than one song on the CD is "triumphant", then I stand corrected.

a friend burned me a copy when the album came out. I explained to him that I didn't like Metallica back in the day, why would I care about their return to their roots with the new album? But he insisted. It was so awesome that it would turn me. Had it on in the car for a week (a fair and equitable duration, I thought), but nah. Not feeling it. It was certainly better than their previous few efforts but I guess the Metallica flavour just doesn't get my juices flowing.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Its progress, but not triumphant in the slightest. For a band that was once known for being super tight, being that off tempo from each other on their final draft that was released, was a huge let down. Its blatantly apparent to me especially on "the day that never comes". Sorry for the thread hijack, Im sure Im just stating whats already been said anyhow.
                  HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

They've never been super tight. Usually all the tracks were played in separately, until they got them right or were edited. Last album was the first when they tracked together live without any click track. Lars never had solid time but let any of today's bands play like that and most of them would suck even harder, Pro Tools generation bands can't groove for shit nor play without any magical gadgets.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                    X