No announcement yet.

Scariest game ever made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

That was pretty fucking funny!
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I had a friend who ate mushrooms and then played Super Mario on Super Nintendo and was completely freaked out by the ghost level.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Condemned

Comment

This one's easy for me.

Fatal Frame.

Clock Tower was a close second though...
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

First one that had me jumpy was the original Resident Evil on the PS. Walk into a room and the camera's looking at you in close-up, and you hear the faint, low moan of a zombie

Walking down a hallway expecting grabbing hands to bust through the windows ala Night Of The Living Dead, so you're pressed against the opposite wall. You finally make it to the end of the hallway and the camera angle changes to show the passage behind you, and then two zombie Dobermans bust through the window and gnaw your ass.
              You come back through the same hallway sometime later and you're ready for the dogs, but this time it's giant tarantulas. And all you have is a 9mm. Fuck!

You're walking through the deep underground lab amidst plumes of steam and utter darkness and the Alien Monkey Bastards are on the ceiling above you.

And yeah, Thief: Deadly Shadows fucked me up when I got to the asylum. Walk into one of the cells and there's a chair with an electric light on the wall behind you, and you see a fucking jagged shadow run across the room from side to side.

I shit, then ran my ass back to the top of the elevator, saved, and did not touch that fucking game for almost a year because of that

First Silent Hill was damn creepy, especially when you first go into "blood everywhere" land.
              Walking around town in the fog and you hear the flapping. Shit.

If you get New Vegas, get it on the PC. The 360 version is fucked up waiting on patches to correct the numerous bugs. I can't tell you how many times it's crashed on me in a week. They did patch the stuff that doesn't matter, like the infinite XP and $$ glitches, of course, but the game-breakers (dead-end quests, etc) are still being looked into. I hear the PC version already has 2 patches and works a lot better.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                ...the Alien Monkey Bastards are on the ceiling above you.
                I think I have their first album!

A buddy had an Atari Jaguar. I think he was one of about three people who ever bought one. Anyhoo, that had an Alien Vs Predator game which was pretty creepy in places.

Comment

If you get New Vegas, get it on the PC. The 360 version is fucked up waiting on patches to correct the numerous bugs. I can't tell you how many times it's crashed on me in a week. They did patch the stuff that doesn't matter, like the infinite XP and $$ glitches, of course, but the game-breakers (dead-end quests, etc) are still being looked into. I hear the PC version already has 2 patches and works a lot better.
                  Works fine for me on the PS3 - just save a lot.
                  Blank yo!

Comment

So...the true burning question for all of you fellow PS3 owners...

Who else is excited about LittleBigPlanet 2? LOL

Comment

Never heard of it.
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                        Never heard of it.
                        :O

Shop GameStop, the world's largest retail gaming and trade-in destination for Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo games, systems, consoles & accessories. Shop a wide selection of gamer-centric apparel, collectibles & more.

It's kinda funny...if you look at my games, I have stuff like Medal of Honor, God of War, Assassin's Creed...then LittleBigPlanet. LOL

But to keep on topic, I just played through Dead Space again the other day while I was on Staff Duty. Yep. Still the scariest game ever made, in my opinion.

Comment

Walking around town in the fog and you hear the fwapping. Shit.
                          It's pretty scary in real life when you walk around in the fog and hear someone fwapping. Then, next thing you know... SPLAT! - you've been sea-gulled.
                          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Anyone played Amnesia: The Dark Descent yet? This is the scariest fucking shit i've ever played, really sinister shit:

http://www.amnesiagame.com/
                            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

There was one on the PS3 I tried - Blood Curse?

Had potential to be scary as fuck but the graphics looked like early PS2. Maybe even PSX. We're talking Metal Gear Solid 16-bit textures. Fail.

I tried Dead Space, but didn't care for it either. Then I read an interview with the devs and they said they developed an AI system for the game that lets the critters figure out ways to outflank you, and they used trigger zones for certain spooky points. That killed it for me. I hate trigger zones. Put it in the map when the map loads, don't drop it in my lap when I step through a door. Left for Dead was the same way - take 3 steps past a hole in the ceiling where you could see the crawlspace above and then drop 30 zombies out of it.
                              Cliche and weak.

Condemend pissed me off as well - chasing a suspect through an abandoned building and he can climb through a toppled scaffold, but you can't. WTF am I a cop or Jabba the Fucking Hutt?

Little Big Planet was ok, but couldn't really hold my attention like the games that came before it (Mario, etc).
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Playing on the PC is a whole different experience. It really gets you in the game.
                                I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                                X