What's the name of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the name of...

I can't seem to remember the names of 2 guitar tools that I believe are discontinued. I'll try to describe them as best I can. One was a hex wrench tool, it's had 2 hex wrenches sizes, one pointed to the left, the other to the right. If you were to hold it upright it looks like a 'T' and it has a holster that I think you could put anywhere you wanted. The holster may have had an adhesive back. That part I'm not sure of. I know I've seen a picture of it around here somewhere.

The other tool was used to put under a trem to hold it in place, I think it was black and it was about 6-8 inches long. I'm not sure what it was made of but from memory may have been some type of hard rubber.

I hope this makes some sense, any one know what I'm talking about?:think: if you've got pictures I'd love to see them as well.

Thanks

Trem Tool is the allen wrench tool, and it did come with a hard plastic holder that attached to the back of the headstock with adhesive 3M-type tape.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	trem tool.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	2445092

The tool that goes under the Floyd is hard plastic with a rubber bottom, and it's called a Tremolok.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	s0002_tremolock.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	2445093
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      The tool that goes under the Floyd is hard plastic with a rubber bottom, and it's called a Tremolok.
      These are out of production now though right? I guess it's probably tougher to use on recessed trems without divebombing them a bit though. If they are no longer available I may trying to bug my buddy that runs a plastics shop to crank out some homebrew equivalents, maybe replace the rubber bottom with some glued on felt to cheap it up a bit.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yep, they've been out of production for a very long time. I still have mine, even though I haven't owned a Floyded guitar in quite awhile. Guess it's time to buy a new guitar with a Floyd!

Comment

As far as the rubber block, I use the Floyd Rose trem block, though it is a permanent installation.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

The Tremolok is not meant to be permanent. It was just a way to keep the bridge floating and make for easier string changes.

Comment

The Tremolok is not meant to be permanent. It was just a way to keep the bridge floating and make for easier string changes.
              I dont think the FR block is meant to be either(permanent blocking the reverse action of the trem), but I have set mine up that way. I was just illustrating a possible substitution but pointing out that you have to drill holes in you trem cavity permanently leaving holes in your guitar.

The "tremelno" seems like an option too but way over priced.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Trem Tool is the allen wrench tool, and it did come with a hard plastic holder that attached to the back of the headstock with adhesive 3M-type tape.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]1388[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1389[/ATTACH]
                Sweet, thank you much for the info Toe I seem to remember you had posted info about these before in other/ older posts but I couldn't find them. I wonder why they don't make these tools anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X