Ebay Headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Headache

Last edited by Twitch; 11-21-2010, 10:38 AM.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Yes, ebay can be a real pain in the ass and they nickel and dime you to death with all the fees. The polices have changed over the years and everything totally favors the buyers now. I very rarely sell on ebay anymore.

Comment

I used to sell alot on eBay, but havent in over a year. I got tired of losing 10-12% of my money to eBay and PayPal, so I had to stop. Unfortunatley its a catch 22 though... while Ive had some luck on CL and the forums, its just so easy to sell something on eBay, ESPECIALLY if you offer overseas shipping. As much as I dislike eBay, Ive never had an unsold item on eBay, where as on the forums or CL, an item could sit for weeks or even a month without a single hit.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

sorry but it sounds like you didn't read anything about ebay. Why do you think so many people post their stuff for sale here first. the fees have gotten out of hand and we have had many posts here about that. We have even had threads about how if you have less than 100 posts they hold your money until the buyer gives you feedback. You can thank that c*nt that just lost running for governor in California for f*cking up ebay.

Comment

You're not going to win the dispute on the fees, man. Save yourself the aggravation and chalk it up to a lesson learned - read the fine print before you sell. Ebay also owns Paypal so you aren't gonna play one against the other either. Ya gotta pay attention; sorry you learned the hard way.

Just so you know, Coinstar also takes 8.9% when you take your change in. Price you pay for not rolling your coins and writing your info on them so your bank will take them.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You can say what you want about the fees being too high or whatever, but you really can't claim a lack of transparency. They are well documented.

We charge two main types of selling fees: an insertion fee when you create a listing, and a final value fee when your item sells.

Comment

Twitch, you have to mail the item within whatever time period you stated in your listing. For me--as a seller--that's usually three business days. You can't change any of the terms and conditions of the sale after the fact. Buyers can give negative feedback and some eBay users won't deal with people who have negative feedback.

Comment

Evilgay is terrible for sellers, If I can't sell a guitar here or locally(and I don't end up giving it away) - I just keep it. Not a very practical approach, as it puts me in the 20+ crowd. But I can think of worse things .....

Sorry for your poor experience bro, I believe your intent was 100%. However the buyer and seller are not pleased, isn't that something ~ time to kick the money changers out of the temple
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Last edited by Twitch; 11-21-2010, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                    Yes, if you go out of your way to find them, but to the ignorant first time seller, theyre not upfront with the fees.

Not meaning to be a dick at all dude, but yes the stuff is documented, and dealing with anything like this you would want to read everything first, including all the rules and how your covered, how to handle a dispute everything, ( or ask someone, like people here Especially when dealing with large sums of money and your rights. Anyway, yeah it sucks that you have to pay shipping out of pocket it's bs, and you can be sure your fee's from ebay will arrive promptly, however you generally have some time to pay them. You can set it up to just automatically pay your fees, if you don't pay them manually usually within about 2 weeks they will automatically some out of your paypal account. Nothings free, lol, paypal and ebay both take fee's, you should have read both terms and conditions from them both before placing your auction.
                    Your best option is to ship asap, and once the buyer has left feedback you can call and let them know the transaction is complete and that the buyer has left feedback, usually they will release your funds at that point without waiting 21 days.

Comment

I haven't sold on ebay since I sold a VS Pro disc with book for 99p plus £2 postage. The buyer claimed the disc was damaged and that I overcharged on postage (cost £1.76). I refunded his money. The twat then had the nerve to demand I leave him positive feedback! Fuck Ebay.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I sold several items last month, and at the last page of the listing just before the Submit Your Listing button, I was presented with a total of how much Ebay was going to charge me (insertion fee, etc) and stated clearly that there would be a Final Value Fee I would have to pay if the item sold.

Not to mention it states that your item may be subject to a Final Value Fee depending on the amount and auction type on the page where you set your opening price and reserve. It's one of the links that says "Learn More".

If you can't be bothered to do proper research on it, don't complain when they fuck you.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                          I used to sell alot on eBay, but havent in over a year. I got tired of losing 10-12% of my money to eBay and PayPal, so I had to stop. Unfortunatley its a catch 22 though... while Ive had some luck on CL and the forums, its just so easy to sell something on eBay, ESPECIALLY if you offer overseas shipping. As much as I dislike eBay, Ive never had an unsold item on eBay, where as on the forums or CL, an item could sit for weeks or even a month without a single hit.
                          I consider it a cost of selling, since I can get 25"% more, if not way more than that, as compared to Craigslist. I also don't have to deal with tire-kicking lowlifes who are then casing my other shit. If I do have someone over I have the item out in the living room, with a crappy little amp to try it out with. It's a PITA to deal in person. On eBay I put it up for 30 days with a BIN obo. It's cheaper, it runs 30 days and there are no fees until you sell, except 35 cents to list it and the BIN fee. I price the stuff on the high end of reasonable and if someone makes a ballpark offer, bang! ZOOM! A lot of people just hit the BIN on a 30-day for some reason. and yes, overseas sakes get5 you more too. The overseas people I've dealt with don't try to squeeze you after the fact either, which i more than I can say for our own countrymen.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                            I consider it a cost of selling, since I can get 25"% more, if not way more than that, as compared to Craigslist. I also don't have to deal with tire-kicking lowlifes who are then casing my other shit. If I do have someone over I have the item out in the living room, with a crappy little amp to try it out with. It's a PITA to deal in person. On eBay I put it up for 30 days with a BIN obo. It's cheaper, it runs 30 days and there are no fees until you sell, except 35 cents to list it and the BIN fee. I price the stuff on the high end of reasonable and if someone makes a ballpark offer, bang! ZOOM! A lot of people just hit the BIN on a 30-day for some reason. and yes, overseas sakes get5 you more too. The overseas people I've dealt with don't try to squeeze you after the fact either, which i more than I can say for our own countrymen.
                            +1. If you want zero fees, put in on Craigslist and be prepared to beat off all the scammers, lowballers, time-wasters, and tire-kickers with a stick. 9% is pretty reasonable for worldwide exposure with massive traffic. Go to your local consignment shop and see if they will match 9%. They will ask 20% if they are generous, but typically ask more like 40%. Do the math.

Comment

Never mind. I was wrong.
                              Last edited by Twitch; 11-21-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X