What makes you want to play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes you want to play?

Today, just looking at a few youtube vids... Next thing you know, ive been playing for an hour and a half. Sometimes, thats the catalyst, other times i just pick it up out of sheer habit, or im pissed from work, or bummed out about something..

What is it for you guys?
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Groupies. I can't wait until I get one!

I'm like you. Sometimes I'll pick up one of my guitars, plug in and after 10 minutes I'm done. Sometimes I'll look at the clock and I've time warped and lost 2 hours.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I dunno really...lately I've been having some great days jamming, but I just got out of a rut where I would noodle around for about 15 minutes or so and call it a day.

I guess I could say I just like music and some days I have more fun making it then others.

That and chicks. Why else do we do ANYTHING in life?

Comment

I haven't really "cut loose" into an extended jam for a long time now. I am usually doing technique exercises and some original compositions. I'll usually pick up the guitar for around an hour, warm up, work with some compositions and put it down.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

it might sound stupid, but the sound of my guitar through my rig makes me want to play.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The sheer awesomeness of the sight of my guitars makes me wanna play them.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I get inspired when I hear some good guitar being played (similar to the OP's response to watching guitar vids on YouTube.)

...But then I get all uninspired again when I hear how I play...
              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Weed
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

My ENGL Invader 100. I just let that thing rip tonight. Holy shit!
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

My little girl pointing at my guitar and saying,

"Itsy Bitsy Spider Daddy!" makes it possible to play the guitar between feeding her, dressing her, changing her diaper, etc.

However, the Itsy Bitsy Spider is the only song that she allows me to play. She walks over to my amp and turns it off if I start playing anything else
                    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

HAHAHAHA, that is too awesome!!
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

These days... We're adding a bunch of new tunes to our set list of covers, so, my spare for guitar is for learning/rehearsing those new tunes...

I just wish I had more time to put on technique and original compositions.
                        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Lately its been figuring which one to sell next for rent and other bills. Or talking with a customer at work about a particular guitar then realizing i have an awesome one like it at home. Some times you can have too many guitar and forget how great some of them are cuz you dont play them all that much. But yeah bills suck. So the one with the least mojo factor goes cus the bond that made me buy it in the first place has diminished.
                          Gil.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                            My little girl pointing at my guitar and saying,

"Itsy Bitsy Spider Daddy!" makes it possible to play the guitar between feeding her, dressing her, changing her diaper, etc.

However, the Itsy Bitsy Spider is the only song that she allows me to play. She walks over to my amp and turns it off if I start playing anything else
                            Out of all the reply's in this thread so far this is what it's all about.
                            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

An upcoming show or studio session makes me want to play.
                              Besides those 2 things.. not much anymore. I mean heck... how much better could I possibly get?

Comment

Working...
                              X