Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for kids lefthanded guitar packs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know many people who have flipped hands and do okay......i have also seem it screw people up. I would rather just keep it less confusing.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
      I'd repeat that they don't make left-handed pianos, but somebody actually did make one: http://www.lefthandedpiano.com/

I'm right handed and I learned to play golf left-handed. It can be done and you can be just as proficient.
      good call.

In most everything I am right handed, except Hockey, I cannot shoot right handed.

But if the person shows significant improvement one way, don't change that, like I said before, you can always just do the Hendrix
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

My sister let her son learn to play left handed. I feel bad for the kid when I bring him to Guitar Center and they have 1000 right handed guitars and 3 or 4 lefty Squiers and Epiphoneys.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Try Rondo Music

http://www.rondomusic.com/Guitar.Packages.html

Comment

Thanx codex...... Forgot about rondo. It will have to do since I cant find a lefty Fender package.-Lou
            " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Buy him a King V. V's are the easiest/most natural looking to set up reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                I know many people who have flipped hands and do okay......i have also seem it screw people up. I would rather just keep it less confusing.-Lou
                FWIW, I knew a guy who was an incredible drummer and later learned that he was a lefty that learned to play righty because kits were always setup that way.

Fast forward 10 years. I ran into him one day and he told me that he plays lefty now. The story goes that he eventually hit a wall. He hooked up with a new instructor that forced him to relearn everything lefty and now he's twice as amazing as he was before!

Anyway, I'm a lefty and have to put up with all of the backward guitar jokes. The plus side is that noone tries to borrow my guitars!

Comment

I had a similar experience with a guitar player I used to jam with. He was OK, not great. Came up with some good hooks but, you know, just nothing to say "wow" about.

He shows up one time with his guitar strung backwards and is playing lefty. In something like a month he was better than he ever was righty... Pretty crazy.

Then the bum started playing keyboards.

Comment

DRM, getting the ZW bullseye wee V was actually my last resort. I could flip the strings and move the knobs pretty easy.-Lou

Comment

It's simple, really. Get a Jackson with one of those bulldyke reverse headstocks, reverse the strings and it'll be for normal people again.

But seriously, I recently learned that Michael Angelo Batio is left-handed but learned to play right-handed.
                      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                        I know this may not help, but if all else fails, try having the left handed child in question learn right handed. The other guitarist in my band had to learn to play right handed due to the poor availability of left handed instruments at the time. Hes had no problem learning that way. I met him when he could barely play a lick and now he can pretty much play anything. He frightens me every now and then that hes going to surpass my playing abilities and Im naturally right handed. Like I said, just a thought.
                        I tried talking my kid into learning righthanded, and he wasn't into it. I explained the whole thing about trying to find guitars, etc. Didn't matter, so, I just bought a pawn shop Epi LP, and reversed the nut and it works for him. Maybe try that if your kid doesn't mind upside down controls.

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
                        good call.

In most everything I am right handed, except Hockey, I cannot shoot right handed.

But if the person shows significant improvement one way, don't change that, like I said before, you can always just do the Hendrix
                        Me to, right handed in everything, but play hockey lefty. I can't figure out the why, but it's just wrong for me to have a right handed hockey stick. I'm guessing to many hits in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                          I really need to do more than glance at topics anymore. I thought you were looking for left-handed guitar picks.
                          +1
                          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitarleft.html Here's Rondo's selection of left-handed guitars. There's a link on the home page to packages but there weren't any left handed ones, and they have a function to make a package around whatever guitar you choose. I have an Agile 2000 LP copy which I like, and owned an SX 7-string for a few years which was about the same quality as the Ibanez Gio 7-string - that is, all right, decent fretwork and action.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hey Rich, I looked at the link in Post # 19 and I saw a couple lefty packages.... http://www.rondomusic.com/Guitar.Packages.html

But hey, I did not know you could make a package (huh huh) out of any Rondo...

you package-maker you
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X