Seymour Duncan Liberator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Liberator

So I stumbled across their new solderless pickup setup today. I kinda like the idea of this versus quick connect plugs, just seems like a more reliable connection.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Fucking interesting......
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I like the idea too. Any info on price/availability?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I think they will be announcing that stuff in the new year. Apparently they are getting into the pre-wired circuits/pre-poulated pickguard market too.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Sex Pillows!
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Tits!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Darn, and I just bought a gas soldering iron! Kidding aside, that seems like a really good idea. I used one of those solderless kits from EMG recently and that was really easy to install and use.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Tits!
                  MOOBS!
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Looks like the "scotch-lok" of guitar wiring to me. I am a solder fan. when I bought my boat, I ripped out all the wiring on the trailer. I rewired it all with solder connections, and sealed heat shrink tubing. oh yea. I dont fuck around with wiring. I cant buy into this one. I love seymour's pickups, but this thing looks craptacular and more trouble than its worth. I hope I am wrong and its a great product and the are successful with it, but I still wont buy it.
                    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Sex Pillows!

I have to dig up the picture I have from deployment with me at a range on a leopard print Liberator shooting an M14.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        MOOBS!
                        Those, too! :ROTF:
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The end is near I tell ya.
                          Run for it while you can!
                          Long overdue innovation has arrived!
                          Silly law suits are on the horizon. Resistance is futile.
                          I tell ya the mothership is coming everybody pack your bags or prepare to be simulated, emulated, annihilated! Into oblivious we go! No guts no glory step up or die!

Dialog with inner self:
                          Overreacted a bit there Soap?
                          Shut your pie hole and die for being a failed attempt at being human, you stupid....!
                          Rough day at work today?
                          Yep. I'm better now.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                            The end is near I tell ya.
                            Run for it while you can!
                            Long overdue innovation has arrived!
                            Silly law suits are on the horizon. Resistance is futile.
                            I tell ya the mothership is coming everybody pack your bags or prepare to be simulated, emulated, annihilated! Into oblivious we go! No guts no glory step up or die!

Dialog with inner self:
                            Overreacted a bit there Soap?
                            Shut your pie hole and die for being a failed attempt at being human, you stupid....!
                            Rough day at work today?
                            Yep. I'm better now.
                            I like the way you think. im going to be watching you. your alright.
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

cool, still kinda looks like a pain in the ass, but less involved than soldering for sure.

thinking about this brought to mind, the idea can't be "new" so to speak, i remember reading decades ago a Tony Iommi interview where he had his tech or something devise a way to swap pickups in and out of his guitars on the fly, like way back in the late 80's if not around there.

Comment

Working...
                              X