No announcement yet.

Anyone here doesn't own a mobile phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here doesn't own a mobile phone?

Funny question... :think: But I'm curious to know if anyone here doesn't own one of those mobile gizmo phones?

I admit I do have one, but it is supplied by the office and 95% it's strictly for business calls. I never owned one for myself. My wife doesn't own one too... And the kids, as much as they could cry for one, they will have to buy their own.

I noticed today that I don't care for those devices, my bass player sent me an email saying he just bought that Nexus whatever model and he was so stoked about it. Singer got one of those latest iPhone, he's all crazy about it.

Talk to me about guitars, gear and cars! Those are nice subjects!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Hmmn, interesting I now see your evil ploy.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
      Hmmn, interesting I now see your evil ploy.
      More infos please...
      JB aka BenoA

Comment

Actually I have a cell nothing fancy though.
        I more about functionality then features.
        If it can do everything BUT doesn't work right what good is it.

My cell is simple and used only to makes phones calls and the occassional text.
        I have two games on it - chess and checkers and I play those only when I'm in a situation where I'm waiting. I'd rather play a game while waiting then read a magazine.

I don't need do e-mails or any internet on my cell.
        That's what my computer is for at home.

I work in IT for a living and it goes with saying our world/society is very digital driven and dependent up on it. With that said, IT for me is a pay check but I do prefer a much simpler life where and when technology wasn't so saturated into our daily lives.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

One word...

...DROID!

Comment

I have a semi-smartphone right now, but will probably get a Droid soon, because the browser on mine just pisses me off more than anything else. It'll be really interesting to see what we'll be using in just a few years. I think the end of the desktop computer for most people probably isn't too far away.

Comment

I really hate people who brag about their iphones and tell me I should get one. Those suckers cost about as much as a used US Jackson here, no way I'm dropping that kind of cash on a gizmo when I could get another guitar.
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

As long as I can text w/ qwerty, create mobile Word documents and make phone calls, Im happy. My main phone is a Moto Q9H, works great, my backup phone is an HTC Fuze, which is kinda quirky. Recently, Ive purchased a Dell Axim X50v to replace my mp3, Word docs, and web surfing during lunch(dont surf on the phones because theyre too little) needs. Its still being field tested, and if all goes well, Im gonna go back to my Pantech Matrix and carry the Axim as well. Seems like a lot, but it will turn 3 devices(phone, netbook, mp3 player) into 2 and allow me to carry a smaller phone (the Axim would stay in the van). .
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I didn't have one until about five years ago. All I really need is a good speaker phone. Trying to find friends during a night out or dealing with car problems was such a hassle before I had a cell phone. I don't plan on ever being without one--even if it's turned off most of the time. It's just too convenient.

Comment

I don't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
                      I really hate people who brag about their iphones and tell me I should get one. Those suckers cost about as much as a used US Jackson here, no way I'm dropping that kind of cash on a gizmo when I could get another guitar.
                      Like your way of thinking

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                      I don't plan on ever being without one--even if it's turned off most of the time. It's just too convenient.
                      Indeed, these device are convenient... But I do feel like a dinosaur sometimes as I doesn't understand all the hype behind these devices. Damn, half the kids in high schools own one. Even kids in elementary school have one.
                      JB aka BenoA

Comment

I have one thats about 5 years old. No camera, no keyboard, just what I need, a small cell phone. Ocassional texts as needed, but I rarely send any. When it breaks, quits, fails, or ultimately dies, I'll look into another one. for my lil POS Nokia. It's held up well.
                        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

I had one but got rid of it. I don't want people thinking they can contact me at any time during the day. I'll admit that the new Windows Phone 7 looks cool, but $200 for a phone plus $100 per month, just so I can play some games and check email? No thanks.
                          Scott

Comment

Proud to be one of the 8% of Americans that refuse to have one..
                            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              One word...

...DROID!
                              That's what I have as well. I love mine as much as a straight guy can love a phone.
                              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X