Oh how things have changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh how things have changed

I dont get into cars much anymore, but I caught a snippet about this one on yahoo. I havent payed much attention to the high end sports car market since McLaren F1 took the production speed record from the Jag XJ220 and I reached an age where I knew Id never afford a Ferrari or Lamborghini or anything of the sort.

If I had $1.5M left for nothing else, this ones the one Id buy.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

cool looking, but i don't like a lot of things about it as far as driving, the inner controls, no rear view to speak of, the pedals are wtf. so i'd rather keep my 1.5 mill even if i had it to burn.

Comment

The way I buy guitar equipment, Ill never have $50 left for nothing else.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Does nothing for me.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I'd still rather buy a 12 year old Mclaren F1 for that kind of money instead of a Koenigsegg
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I'm more interested in straight line acceleration, you know Musclecars. And for about $1.4 million less I can build something like a Mustang that will make a heck of a lot more than 850 hp. IOW, it would eat that Koenigsegg for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the drag strip
            Just don't ask it to go around the road course though
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
              I'm more interested in straight line acceleration, you know Musclecars. And for about $1.4 million less I can build something like a Mustang that will make a heck of a lot more than 850 hp. IOW, it would eat that Koenigsegg for breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the drag strip
              Just don't ask it to go around the road course though
              Drag racing is as interesting as a competition of who can blink his eyes the fastest. There's a dude living downstairs of my downtown apartment who's into that shit, schooled every musclecar with his 1000hp Supra, + Supra can take corners unlike Mustang. Doesn't cost that much to upgrade HP's. On a track he got schooled by Lotus (5 times less HP's).
              Big bucks are spent to make the car drivable, caring about mere numbers and straight lines is like caring more about the scale length of a guitar rather than how it sounds.
              Koenigsegg is very small company with tons of cool and innovative ideas. I'd take it over most big manufacture super car builders.
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                Drag racing is as interesting as a competition of who can blink his eyes the fastest. There's a dude living downstairs of my downtown apartment who's into that shit, schooled every musclecar with his 1000hp Supra, + Supra can take corners unlike Mustang. Doesn't cost that much to upgrade HP's. On a track he got schooled by Lotus (5 times less HP's).
                Big bucks are spent to make the car drivable, caring about mere numbers and straight lines is like caring more about the scale length of a guitar rather than how it sounds.
                Koenigsegg is very small company with tons of cool and innovative ideas. I'd take it over most big manufacture super car builders.
                I'm with you man. My Mustang was a lot of fun, but it drove like a hay wagon. I'd much rather have a Lotus Exige that I can give a good workout on the twisties.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I like them all. Big blocks that beat your chest from a hundred yards away, fat slicks on a narrowed Ford rear end, slap shifters, etc and then there's 1200 lb 1000+HP go carts on road tracks, oh yeah! I like them all, cause I'll NEVER have one. I'll just cruise around in my S10 with LoG at full volume. The closest I ever came to anything like that was an old Honda CBR900F2 that made me quit going fast.
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Cheap speed = Superbike

-Hayabusa owner
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                      I'm with you man. My Mustang was a lot of fun, but it drove like a hay wagon. I'd much rather have a Lotus Exige that I can give a good workout on the twisties.
                      How about an Elise with a 1200-brake ZR1 lump?
                      The first production Elise-bodied, Corvette ZR1-powered Hennessey Venom GT adds a layer of shiny paint, but with 1,200 hp and a 2,548-pound curb weight the first customer will surely strip it back down to its carbon fiber body.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                        http://jalopnik.com/5562520/hennesse...-veyron+killer
                        Jesus, that's just plain scary!!

At first I thought it was an actual Elise that someone had stuffed a ZR-1 motor in. I was gonna say "that's just not possible!", but it turns out it just looks like an Elise. Still pretty cool.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Cheap speed = Superbike

-Hayabusa owner
                          I saw pics of your bike here, and its a beaut. I just can't ride anymore because of the other idiots on the roads. In '91 some drunk bitch knocked me down and crushed my GXSR 750 with a jacked up Ford truck. She got away, and thankfully I walked away, sore. Never did find her.
                          "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                            http://jalopnik.com/5562520/hennesse...-veyron+killer
                            That is insanely cool. And its only 1/2 the price of the Veyron! I'll take 2.

Comment

Straight line acceleration is where its at, I'm telling ya' When your Elise/Supra/Koenigsegg/Whatever pulls up next to a Musclecar at a stop light guess whats gonna happen to prove who's boss when the light turns green? Yup, you guessed it, you're both going to drop the hammer and only one of you is going to win the drag race!
                              I've had the opportunity to ride in a fully prepped road race car for a 20 minute session and been to the drag strip many times. Both are fun but there is nothing as fun as accelerating from a dead stop in a Musclecar
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X