Just watched WASP Live at the Lyceum, London 1984

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched WASP Live at the Lyceum, London 1984

Was Awesome, never got to see them back then.
    Was surprised to find that Randy Piper had all the cool solos (sorry Holmes fans) but he imo was a far better lead player here and tone wise as well. He also did a lot of the background vocals and sounded like Blackie a lot doing them. All in all killer blast from the past, except for the occasional unfortunate shots of Blackies and Holmes bare asses

The cool thing is that you could tell they concentrated on playing the music well first, and still kicked a ton of ass with stage energy. There might have been and overdub here or there or just a mis edited camera shot, i noticed what seemed to be something off timed or whatever, but i think that's pretty much goes for everything "live" to an extent i guess.

Anyway, let's put it this way,
    it's out there and it's "up" if anyone wants to check it out.

I've not seen that in years - I should check it out for sure. Where exactly is it 'up'?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
      Was Awesome, never got to see them back then.
      Was surprised to find that Randy Piper had all the cool solos (sorry Holmes fans) but he imo was a far better lead player here and tone wise as well. He also did a lot of the background vocals and sounded like Blackie a lot doing them. All in all killer blast from the past, except for the occasional unfortunate shots of Blackies and Holmes bare asses
      Just check out Tormentor. Yeah, could done without the assless chaps! BTW, the drummer sounds exactly like Blackie. You see him singing at the end:
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

yeah, the best wasp line up by far. nothing they have done since that first album era has cut it for me (it's a shame blackie's ego took over and essentially destroyed the band).
        yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

yeah, i like the first two albums the best, didn't really care for the "Electric Circus" and i think King Diamond had just put out Fatal Portrait so fuck everything else for me at that time , but Headless Children was a pretty damn good album. I checked out KFD years later and that was a cool album too - love Blackies voice tho one of the best.

Comment

I saw them back in the day opening for someone, but I can't recall who, and I went to see the headliner
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Check out Where Angels Suffer, the new project with Randy and Chris, it's really got that older Wasp vibe.
              Last edited by Speiro; 12-29-2010, 05:34 PM.
              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

You mean http://www.whereangelssuffer.net/
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X