Hey VitG!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    hIn the meantime I am overstaying my welcome with friends in a nice suburb, high and dry above the projected maximum watermark. If you're familiar with my posts here, I'm sure you can imagine how annoying I must be in person.

Glad you're at least in somewhat good spirits. I hope everything turns out OK for you & yours!

Comment

Just a quick update. The waters had subsided enough that I was able to catch a bus out of Brisbane yesterday afternoon. It was nice to be able to hug my family & sleep in my own bed.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Great to hear man!
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          Just a quick update. The waters had subsided enough that I was able to catch a bus out of Brisbane yesterday afternoon. It was nice to be able to hug my family & sleep in my own bed.

good news Gary!
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks for the update, glad things are getting better!

Comment

Check out these before and after shots!

USA Jackson RR1
              Charvel Model 6
              Jackson Performer-2
              Orange Dark Terror
              EVH 5150 LBX
              Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
                Check out these before and after shots!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/infograph...eforeafter.htm
                wow!

I was picking up my new car at Moorooka on Tuesday (near Rocklea in the pics above) and during the test drive, the car salesman was pointing out the flood levels on trees, bushes & buildings in the area. It's a bit disconcerting to be driving through areas that a few days before had been under 8' of water. The piles of rubbish either side of the road as businesses clear out all their damaged stock, fittings and equipment made the place feel like battlezone.

I'll say one thing about our Premier, Anna Bligh, through this whole thing. She might be doing a crappy job of managing the state, but she did a superb job of managing the crisis. Her two hourly updates around the clock kept us informed (even when the news was bad), gave good instruction (which most of the population fortunately followed), and offered reassurance to a state in near panic. If she quit tomorrow, that would be her political legacy.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                X