Ukulele Shred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukulele Shred

I saw this dude this past Monday night at a Hawaiian cafe in my town.

He sweeps, does two handed tapping, and otherwise just shreds on his ukulele.

I talked to him afterwards to ask whether he uses a pick, and he said that he just plays with his thumb. I also told him that if Jake Shimabukuro is the Jimi Hendrix of the ukulele, then he is the Yngwie Malmsteen of the uke!

Check him out.

Last edited by QuantumRider; 01-13-2011, 10:41 PM.
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

That dude is bad ass.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Haha, Sweet.

Comment

There were three ukulele players that night. The guy in the video was the shrederrific opening act, the second guy was mainly a singer, and the headliner was a jazz ukulele-ist (is that a word?).

On a semi-related note, the owner of the Hawaiian bar/cafe is a former swimsuit model.

Here is a link to one of her pics (sort of NSFW): http://gazou4h.blog47.fc2.com/blog-entry-246.html
        Last edited by QuantumRider; 01-14-2011, 09:52 PM. Reason: Dead link
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Co-worker sent me this link today and reminded me of this post...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Someone Get that Man a JACKSON stat!!!
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

That's awesome! My sister-in-law got a uke for my toddlers to mess around with, and since I have to tune it about 3x times a day, I started playing some & it's a lot of fun. I'll probably go ahead & get a nice one at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                a former swimsuit model.

Here is a link to one of her pics (sort of NSFW): http://gazou4h.blog47.fc2.com/blog-entry-246.html
                Damn, those are some square boobs!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X