No announcement yet.

Best and Worst stand up comedians...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louis C.K. is brilliant. Ricky Gervais, Lewis Black, Bob Odenkirk, David Cross, Chris Rock, Rodney Dangerfield, early Ray Romano, Carlin, and the ever-legendary Henny Youngman.

Comment

Forgot my least favorites: Tim Allen, Sinbad, any of the redneck stuff, the execrable Gallagher.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        Most of my faves have been covered, but I'll add a couple. I like Daniel Tosh, but I know not everybody does. David Cross can be funny as shit, but his politics probably rub a lot of guys here the wrong way. My least favorite is probably Larry the Cable Guy. Can't stand him.
        My wife and I went to see David Cross last year during a comedy festival here in town. It turns out the people promoting his trip didn't have anything to do with the comedy festival however, he was just in town to speak about his new book. So to make up for it he provided everyone in the office a free copy of his book "I Drink for a Reason."

Inside the cover he wrote "Here's your damn book. Love, David Cross"

Even if I didn't find him funny (I do) he's at least a upstanding dude.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Bill Hicks, despite the blatant fanboyism by Tool fans, was excellent.
          I like EL34s.

Comment

the great list:

Louie Anderson
            George Carlin
            Gilbert Godfried (when he told the aristocrats joke I nearly pissed my pants laughing. his impersonations of sienfeld and dice clay were hilarious)
            Mitch Hedberg
            Steven Wright
            Eddie Murphy back in the day
            Denis Leary

The good list:
            Wanda Sykes
            Larry Reeb
            John Pinette
            The amazing johnathan
            Carlos mencia
            Carrott top
            Frank Caliendo
            Rosanne bar

the suck list:

Tim Allen
            Jerry Sienfeld
            Woopie goldberg
            Ellen Degeneres
            all those guys on the blue collar comedy tour. you can see the jokes coming a mile away.
            yakov smirnoff
            paul rodriguez
            Ray romano
            George Lopez
            rosie odonnell
            Cedric
            Drew Cary
            Dennis miller
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Lewis Black, Chris Rock, Dave Chapelle(sp), Richard Pryor, Dennis Miller. What about Bill Cosby, he's funnier then hell in some of his live stuff, Cosby show not so much.

Bill Marr is not only the most unfunny human beings. I loath that fucktard. He doesn't even deserve to be on the unfunny list, put him on top of the Miserable self hating little people that are jealous of Gallaghers talent list.

Comment

Originally posted by etepbbb View Post
                What about Bill Cosby, he's funnier then hell in some of his live stuff, Cosby show not so much.
                Surprised it took this long for Cosby to come up...maybe cos he's more old school. From what I hear, he is worth more or made more $$ than any other comic out there...well, maybe outside of Seinfeld, and a lot of it due to NBC like sein.

BTW, one of my fave lines is Murphy impersonating Pryor about Cosby...just tell Cosby to have a coke and a smile and shut the fuk up!
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                  I'm a big fan of Lewis Black, Jim Gaffigan, and Brian Regan.
                  +1 on Brian Regan, the guy does a clean act and the faces and voices have me rolling.

Last edited by MakeAJazzNoiseHere; 01-24-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

For me, Richard Pryor was hands down the funniest mutherfucker to ever walk this earth.

Lou...your list of good and bad was pretty much spot on IMO.

Comment

Good:
                      Lewis Black
                      Eddie Izzard
                      Rich Jeni
                      Jim Gaffigan
                      The Amazing Jonathan
                      Penn and Teller
                      Ron White
                      John Pinette
                      Mel Brooks (2000 yr old man stuff was great)
                      Jackie Mason
                      Old Dennis Miller
                      Billy Connelly

Not good:
                      The rest of the Blue Collar Gang.
                      Chelsea Handler
                      Jerry Seinfeld
                      Ellen Degenerous
                      New Dennis Miller
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Carlin and Hicks were more like philosophers sharing their thoughts at a modern-day forum.
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I can not believe I forgot about Cosby. I think this is where Brian Regan draws alot of influence from with his facial expression, his cleanliness, his delivery. There were a few others mentioned I forgot about too.-Lou
                          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

+1 Dennis Leary - No cure for Cancer is classic.

Dennis Miller well i thought he was good back in the day.

And +1 Gilbert Gottfried i was going to add in my comment above but thought people would go "that annoying prick" but the dudes just funny, even his stupidest shit he's just funny doing it, and he can deliver any joke.

Comment

anything Gilbert says is funny. its all delivery. that aristocrats joke was just pure comic brilliance. I remember those other major big name comedians laying on the stage they were laughing so hard. it has to be one of the funniest moments ever.

his impersonations of Dice Clay and Sinefeld are pure fuckin genius. he makes them both look like the idiots they truly are. he was the final nail in the coffin of Dice's career in the 80's. I mean, once Gilbert impersonates you, you look like a frickin idiot for ever.
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I saw a video of Gottfried delivering a speech at a college graduation or something... Until then I had only seen him as the host of "Up All Night" and he was just kind of irritating in 15-second chunks, but he had me dying after a couple of minutes, it was kind of weird.

I've never seen him do Dice but he nails Seinfeld and it is funny as hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X