No announcement yet.

Best and Worst stand up comedians...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to add Cosby and Robin Williams to the best list, two of my all time favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
      I saw a video of Gottfried delivering a speech at a college graduation or something... Until then I had only seen him as the host of "Up All Night" and he was just kind of irritating in 15-second chunks, but he had me dying after a couple of minutes, it was kind of weird.

I've never seen him do Dice but he nails Seinfeld and it is funny as hell.

when Gilbert does the dice bit, its so fuckin funny it makes dice look rediculous and it just confirms what an asshat he really is. Dice is no longer funny after Gilbert destroyed him with that impersonation. it just ruined dice as far as I am concerned.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

I saw a video of Gottfried delivering a speech at a college graduation or something... Until then I had only seen him as the host of "Up All Night" and he was just kind of irritating in 15-second chunks, but he had me dying after a couple of minutes, it was kind of weird.

I've never seen him do Dice but he nails Seinfeld and it is funny as hell.

when Gilbert does the dice bit, its so fuckin funny it makes dice look rediculous and it just confirms what an asshat he really is. Dice is no longer funny after Gilbert destroyed him with that impersonation. it just ruined dice as far as I am concerned.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Steve Hughes - aussie metalhead comedian. Sooooo dry......and funny as fuck!!!
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I am a huge deadpan fan, just to mention.
            I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by nafe View Post
              Steve Hughes - aussie metalhead comedian. Sooooo dry......and funny as fuck!!!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEnpr...eature=related
              We met him at a festival last year (I'm sure he was playing bass in some Death Metal noise band) he gave one of his live CDs because I was with an Aussie who knew him, it's fucking hilarious. His band was shit.

Oh, and Michael McIntyre should be shot, he's as funny as a squeaky-voiced turd in your own swimming pool.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

+1 on Brian Regan, the guy does a clean act and the faces and voices have me rolling.
                + 2, I remember loving Brian's act on that MTv Half Hour Comedy hour show from the 1990s or so.

I saw him again in 2010 and he is fantastic.

I've seen Steven Wright too, amazing.

Saw Dane Cook a couple times on free tickets, but he's a little full of himself.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

I can't believe no one has mentioned Jim Jeffries yet, One of my favourites.

I'm also a big fan of these guys:
                  Eddie Izzard
                  Doug Stanhope
                  Billy Connolly
                  Bill Hicks
                  George Carlin
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Billy Connelly

Jim Jeffries
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Eddie Izzard
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Eddie Izzard is a frickin' genius - the funniest guy on the planet IMHO.
                      I love that surreal stream-of-conciousness stuff. Ross Noble is pretty good at that kind of thing too.
                      Bill Bailey has moments of brilliance. The Godfather is Billy Connolly.

The best stand-up show I've ever seen personally was Henry Rollins. Not really a traditional comic, but he had the house in hysterics for three straight hours.

Comment

[QUOTE=zeegler;1405593]Billy Connelly

Billy = god!!! Seeing him in 2 weeks - can...not...wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                          Eddie Izzard is a frickin' genius - the funniest guy on the planet IMHO.
                          I love that surreal stream-of-conciousness stuff.
                          I think Eddie's strongest side is that he is a great story teller who speaks about a lot of interesting subjects instead of tired and lame stereotypes. He's sort of an comical hobby anthropologist .
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                            He's sort of an comical hobby anthropologist .
                            I like that! - So would he probably.
                            So he's the action transvestite/hobby anthropologist. Sounds about right...

Comment

Working...
                            X