Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone think they should have tried harder to "make it"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone think they should have tried harder to "make it"?

Just wondering... I know alot of "making it" (whatever that is) is like winning the lottery. But what about hard work?
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Nah.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

There is no try, there is only do. If you "try", you will fail. I hate the "T" word. "Trying" always seems to come with an excuse when something isn't done.

Nothing worth having ever comes easily. It takes a proper mindset, dedication, patience, and a whole lot of hard work to be the Cool Guy.
      Last edited by DRM; 02-20-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Mutha fukkin' Yoda and shit! Alright, DRM!
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          Mutha fukkin' Yoda and shit! Alright, DRM!
          Efforts, I make.

Comment

Blank yo!

Comment

Meh. I only care if I like my music.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I decided early on with music that I didn't care if I made it. It was just a personal thing for me. Unfortunately I should have tried harder to play with other musicians for fun, because I missed out on a lot of good times and learning by not exploring that angle of playing an instrument. But the reason I stayed away from it was I had lots of friends trying to realize the rock star dream and I saw how hard they were working for little gain. Really, the music wasn't a thing of love for them it was just the means to the end.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I can recall one key moment in my life when I made a choice and choose wrong for my musical career. No guarantee's I would have "made it" with that choice, but had I chose differently I would have been in a better position to promote myself, rubbing shoulders with the big league and all that entails, instead of trying to break out of nowhere with a band.
                  It wasn't about hard work, cause I was living it and giving it 100%. It was about who you know and positioning yourself to get the choice gigs, the call to go on the road with whomever. It's a business. Being a suberb artist is a given.

Comment

Chuck! I was just listening to Article 13 the other day. Done With My Darks!!
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Ah yes...the laundry song!

Whatup G? Stayin dry, I see.

Comment

It seems like many of the artists that "made it". And I'm talking 70's, 80's, and some 90's , had nothing to lose. We've all read the stories about bands who lived on the streets, slept in their cars, fit 4-5 guys in a one bedroom apt. I don't think many of us fit that category. We have school, jobs, family and stuff to lose. I really haven't heard about any bands making it coming from the upper middle class.

This manufactured Disney shit of today doesn't count. They'll be forgotten tomorrow anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer View Post
                          Ah yes...the laundry song!

Whatup G? Stayin dry, I see.
                          yea, that's about it. A dry pair of undies and I'm a happy man.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by C/J Playa View Post
                            It seems like many of the artists that "made it". And I'm talking 70's, 80's, and some 90's , had nothing to lose. We've all read the stories about bands who lived on the streets, slept in their cars, fit 4-5 guys in a one bedroom apt. I don't think many of us fit that category. We have school, jobs, family and stuff to lose. I really haven't heard about any bands making it coming from the upper middle class.

This manufactured Disney shit of today doesn't count. They'll be forgotten tomorrow anyway.
                            I think that has less to do with their socio-economic background and more to do with what they are prepared to give up to make it. Plenty of bands left their home towns to head to "mecca" (wherever that may be) and had to room together because they couldn't afford anything more, partly because it was all about the band, all their time was spent rehearsing or trying to get gigs and making it big was their fulltime occupation. Getting a regular job wasn't in their reckoning. Not all of them came from shitty backgrounds.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Let me get back to you on my deathbed, I'll probably have an answer by then
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X