Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eatery pulls billboards with cult references LOL

Eatery pulls billboards with cult references

SOUTH BEND, Ind. – A northern Indiana restaurant that erected billboards referring to the 1978 Jonestown cult massacre in which more than 900 people died has removed the signs following complaints that the signs were offensive.
    Jeff Leslie, vice president of sales and marketing at Hacienda, acknowledged that the billboards were a mistake. He said the South Bend-based company ordered the signs removed less than two weeks into Hacienda's new advertising campaign.
    "Our role is not to be controversial or even edgy. We want to be noticed -- and there's a difference," Leslie told the South Bend Tribune. "We have a responsibility to (advertise) with care, and that's why we're pulling this ad. We made a mistake and don't want to have a negative image in the community."

I actually laughed.
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

The people that were offended wouldn't buy it anyway. Great publicity either way. Now its picked up across the news wire. Never heard of the brand until today. I would say the campaign worked.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Sure, I feel bad for all those people who lost loved ones in this tragedy... but really... I don't.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

There's no such thing as bad publicity
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Wow. I laughed only because they really didn't think that one through. Or did they?

Comment

I thought it was a pretty cool ad. Too bad we live in the world of the offended too easily...

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
                  I thought it was a pretty cool ad. Too bad we live in the world of the offended too easily...
                  +1. I wanna try that Kool Aid!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Its funny that people are offended by something like this but not offended by programming geared towards "teens" on MTV... heck, even Network TV for that matter! Talk about stuff you don't need your kids watching!

..and oh yeah, it made me want to have a margarita so A+ for that!

Comment

I think that ad firm should be fired along with whoever approved it. Done in poor taste imho...
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                      X