Woo Hoo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo Hoo.

Win 7 Sp1 is here! Not that there are any issues here, but, woo hoo. Sorry, nerd moment.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Nerd!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Nah, not a nerdy comment at all.
      Of course I'd say that since I'm a geeky tech myself.

You mean they released SP1 for it?

A lot of professional environments skipped Vista and went straight to Windows 7.
      Actually, I've heard positive comments about Windows 7 and I use it at work on our laptops, I like it.
      Vista on the other hand was a big microsoft mistake.

My machines here at home (4 machines) are still running XP.
      I just haven't got around to buying windows 7 yet, and since it has SP1 now, I may in fact bring myself to it sooner than later.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Two out of 3 of my computers are 7. I love it. Well, sp1 doesnt seem to have done anything major. Oh well. I was looking forward to a couple new features or something. Like I said, not that there were any issues, Win 7 has been every bit as reliable as XP. Mostly just rolled up a bunch of previously released updates into one package.

Comment

A few years back I created and dedicated one machine to run VMWare and had multiple OS's running.
          Great for internet tech work and also to acquaint ones self with various OS's.

VMWare has came a long way but has got really expensive but has its advantages.
          Run it on a server you can greatly reduce license expenses.

A lot of server environments are doing this and with limited budgets it allows operation and functionality of the environment to remain consistent and save money that can be used else where in the server environments (upgrades, certificates, license on other important machines and etc.).

Dude, I love being in IT and I'm definitely a geek through and through and playing guitar doesn't make it any better.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

I just installed Win 7 on my desktop, since XP SP3 shit the bed and Microsuck won't reactivate it or put out a patch so it doesn't need to be activated. I was quite happy with XP - it ran all my programs without telling me I need fucking Admin priviledges to do it when I'm the only fucking person using the fucking computer and only have the Admin account set up on it.

Win 7 is Vista Part 2 so far, because it's doing the same stupid shit Vista did. I have to ask permission to access the Documents and Settings folder. I'm the fucking admin for the computer. I have to set all my programs to XP Compatability mode to run, and then I still have to deal with Windoze asking me if I want to run the fucking program I just told it to run.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Newc, I remember awhile back some IT people talking about the same thing you are.

Supposively there is a setting tweak/edit you can do to eliminate much of that.
              Unfortunately, I don't know it.
              Maybe a google search? Sorry man I couldn't be more help.

Comment

Unfortunately it's also set up so that your account security settings control that, and then it gives you constant shit about User Account Control being turned off, and links that to your internet security.

Vista on my laptop does all that constantly, as if it expects me to change my settings so it can ask me if I'm sure I want to wipe the shit off my asshole. Fucking Nazi OS.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Unfortunately it's also set up so that your account security settings control that, and then it gives you constant shit about User Account Control being turned off, and links that to your internet security.

Vista on my laptop does all that constantly, as if it expects me to change my settings so it can ask me if I'm sure I want to wipe the shit off my asshole. Fucking Nazi OS.
                  Once youve turned off UAC, you can then tell it to stop warning you through action center the next time it does. I got tired of it bugging me about having a program run in compatibility mode. Win 7 really isnt all that bad, its night and day compared to Vista to me, even though it is indeed based on Vista.
                  Last edited by Twitch; 02-26-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Newc, I guess you're talking about your computer(s) at work? On the homefront, where you can do whatever you want, the stuff you're going bananas over is a non-issue. It's so simple to turn off that I've forgotten it after installing Win7 years ago.
                    Last edited by jackson1; 02-26-2011, 07:37 PM.
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I hated Vista from working on my friends' machines for them, so I stuck with XP on my home PC & waited for Win7 for my laptop. To me, Vista is to Win7 as WinMe was to XP.

Comment

Cool thx, pulling it down now. Looks like automatic updates aren't pulling it down right now? Maybe MS is waiting for the dust to settle a bit before they open Pandora's box?
                        Last edited by Axewielder; 02-26-2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Windows 7 and an SSD are just a killer combo. My PC goes from off to logged in and opening applications in under 30 seconds and 15 of that is BIOS screens.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Haven't had any issues with 7 here.. BUT I'm not running Sonar X on my Windows 7 machine. I'm still using XP for that. Anyone using Sonar X with Windows 7???

Comment

Translation:

"I kissed a girl once, and it wasn't my sister."

"Liar!!! Now, about this USM, VB version 3.5, it's far superior to A2M Dirtboxware..etc etc"

So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                              X