Woo Hoo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
    I have windows XP SP2. I was warned not to install SP3. My dad has Vista and W7, and doesn't have any of the problems you mention.
    Yes, but that person happens to be on a register somewhere and believes that the BBC Model B is the superior computer and when the world realises, boy, is he gonna cash in, when we all have to go and buy 5" floppy drives from the big store he has in his Mum's attic.

Hey, did he touch you inappropriately? Here, take these dolls and show me where he interfered with you. Hang on, let me loosen my trousers...
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I was finally able to get Win7 to run most of my programs (all legit, installed from original discs, none cracked or downloaded). I had to set my security levels to "bend over and take it". Clicking UAC alerts is not an inconvenience - it's a nuisance. I know UAC is off, don't keep bugging me about it. Let me know one time just to make sure I wanted it, but after that, stop fucking bothering me. Give me a check box that says "Yes, I turned it off for a reason".

After about one day, Paint Shop Pro 9 started acting funny. I had to update the thumbnails every time I changed folders (I keep autoupdate on that turned off because it hangs and crashes, even under XP), and it was not saving the updated thumbnail files. Then it started crashing, and of course Windohs wouldn't say WHY it was closing the program. Then other programs started crashing. Audition 3, Poser 7, BFD2. Oblivion wouldn't even load. Everything I use on a regular basis was somehow being killed by Windows 7 with no reason given.

And no, don't install SP3. First thing it's going to do is "update" the WGA program and check your verification, then revoke it to coerce you into buying Windohs 7.

My XP Pro came with SP3 on the disc, so I'm stuck with it. When I had XP Home, SP3 killed it. I moved up to Pro because it could handle larger ram sizes than Home (at least according to the kool-aid at M$'s site - I probably got snookered there).
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X