Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender headstock or CBS-Fender headstock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender headstock or CBS-Fender headstock?

I am really starting to dig the CBS more and more. It used to look odd at first, but, I am finding I prefer that one more now.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Still looks like a boat oar to me. :dunno:

Comment

Cbs!
      I like EL34s.

Comment

It's big and stupid looking and should have stayed in the 70's with bell bottoms and 8-tracks.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

I'm with Yngwie, give me the CBS.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
            Still looks like a boat oar to me. :dunno:
            me too

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              It's big and stupid looking and should have stayed in the 70's with bell bottoms and 8-tracks.
              Oh yeah, someone can wail away on a big dumb boat-oar headstock Strat and it can fade out in the middle and then CLICK and fade back in... Love the 8-track.

Comment

I went through a CBS headstock phase. I'm glad it is over.

Comment

I really don't like the CBS headstock with the exception of making an Yngwie or Richie Blackmore model. But for the most part I like the original a lot better.

Comment

I like 'em both... sue me!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

'50's style headstock for me. the big, 70's style head looks a little deformed....
                      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I like them all. I like the larger headstocks just fine myself.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                          '50's style headstock for me. the big, 70's style head looks a little deformed....
                          I started playing in 1972, so that headstock is what I saw everywhere in all the stores. Of course I had a 1965 Fender Mustang at the time, so I was also used to the smaller headstock, I guess that's why both seem normal to me. I associate the big headstock with Blackmore as well as Hendrix, though again, they both had both types. It just always seemed normal in that time frame.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X