Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resurrect Pontiac! Create jobs, help the economy. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resurrect Pontiac! Create jobs, help the economy. Who's with me?

Bring back Pontiac, we the taxpayers own it now, so let's bring it and it's jobs back!
    Sign the petition. http://www.savingpontiac.org/index.html
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Yeah - no fucking thanks.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

why? what cars did they offer that were unique and truly their own? they had the fiero....i can't think of any other GM that used any portion of the fiero....now i loved my fiero GT when i was 17. it was a bad-ass ride for a teenager, but now that i am nearing my 40's and driving european luxury sedans, eh....

but seriously, tell me what pontiac brought to the table that was unique, and separate - TRULY separate - from the rest of the GM line and i will consider signing the petition.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

One company selling the same shit with a slightly different facade on each one is why GM failed in the first place, among other things.

Comment

You guys OBVIOUSLY didn't read the petition or the business plan. As far as offerring something different than the other brands....well, that may have diminished over the years because GM became way too corporate which they know was a HUGE mistake....some of the best ideas came from Pontiac in house design. All these Ram Air cars you see all over the place...ummm, Pontiac spearheaded the technology. There is plenty more, but that's the past, this is something new with a new way of doing things.

This is about taking something American back, creating jobs, and doing it right. Not about "Pontiac Sucks" or "I only like european luxury or Japaneese cars"

Read then decide, this isn't about having GM bring it back....read then pass judgement.
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

make me a 1969 or 1970 GTO judge and i'll sign.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I thougth I heard they were going to make the TransAm again
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                why? what cars did they offer that were unique and truly their own? they had the fiero....i can't think of any other GM that used any portion of the fiero....now i loved my fiero GT when i was 17. it was a bad-ass ride for a teenager, but now that i am nearing my 40's and driving european luxury sedans, eh....

but seriously, tell me what pontiac brought to the table that was unique, and separate - TRULY separate - from the rest of the GM line and i will consider signing the petition.
                Sorry but your Fiero was not unique
                it shared MANY of the same components as ..............get ready for it

THE MIGHTY CHEVETTE
                I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Signed. I drive a 1992 Bonnevfille SE with 222,000 miles, it's a champ!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    I thougth I heard they were going to make the TransAm again
                    Shawn, the Pontiac Trans Am has indeed been licensed out to a couple manufacturers and are supposed to be available dealer options to be installed by the separate manufacturers. Like I said there are a couple and here are the 2 I know are licensed and taking orders.

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                    Sorry but your Fiero was not unique
                    it shared MANY of the same components as ..............get ready for it

THE MIGHTY CHEVETTE
                    I think you mean the T1000 the Fiero was a mid engine car. The Fiero and Chevette shared some of the same parts EVERY GM car and even some other companies shared at the time.

Again, this is not about old pontiac or GM.

Comment

...for those of you interested:

Trans Am Depot's offerring (designed by Kevin Morgan)

Orderring info:http://www.transamdepot.com/phoenix-...ineId=gallery1

Comment

The Lingenfelter offerring:

Info:http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...ta-concept-car

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
                          Bring back Pontiac, we the taxpayers own it now, so let's bring it and it's jobs back!
                          Well, go ahead, and with bringing it back, you'll bring back a CEO and board that makes a fortune, who hire managers that also cost a fortune, who in turn fire hardworking taxpayer and fold the company again

And in between those developments, you'll end up not seeing a cent in return or even a discount on buying "your own" pontiac
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Yes! Now instead of buying body kits to make your Pontiac look like a different car, you buy body kits to make your car look like a Pontiac!

Fucking idiots. Hmm... Buick Rhondevous or Pontiac Aztec? Neither.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Agreed. Love my G6 GTP.
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                              X