Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resurrect Pontiac! Create jobs, help the economy. Who's with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those missing the list of news stories that have been coming out almost weekly along the way.........

RushLane is India's leading auto news website. Updated daily with cars, motorcycle, scooter news, exclusive spy shots, detailed reviews by experts.

RushLane is India's leading auto news website. Updated daily with cars, motorcycle, scooter news, exclusive spy shots, detailed reviews by experts.

North Wales Live, the latest North Wales news, sport, what's on and business. Plus the latest news from Manchester United, Everton FC, Liverpool FC and Wrexham FC.

Just do some google searches....the proof is in the pudding.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

• From those same links:

-Hyundai Motors reported 28% annual and 33% December increase whereas Nissan and Honda reported rise by 28% and 21% respectively.

-Volkswagen, which is expected to replace Toyota Motors from their No1 spot by 2018 are also making good profits

-the fortunes of South Korea's Hyundai Motor and affiliate Kia Motors brightened

-GM is set to reclaim top place as global auto sales leader
      GM plans to make a $5 billion investment in China in order to double sales by 2015 to 5 million vehicles

The proof is that no US workers are gonna get a bigger piece of that pudding
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
        Nope, but the executives and the politicians they fund will see a pudding windfall.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

• Bingo

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

From those same links:

-Hyundai Motors reported 28% annual and 33% December increase whereas Nissan and Honda reported rise by 28% and 21% respectively.

-Volkswagen, which is expected to replace Toyota Motors from their No1 spot by 2018 are also making good profits

-the fortunes of South Korea's Hyundai Motor and affiliate Kia Motors brightened

-GM is set to reclaim top place as global auto sales leader
            GM plans to make a $5 billion investment in China in order to double sales by 2015 to 5 million vehicles

You missed the first part of my point where it was inferred by some that US cars are an inferior product and in reality that is just not and never really has been true. Publicity and writers opinions not necessicarily fact go a long way in the USA and if you really crunch the numbers the gap between the US cars and others is not that big.

I agree Hyundai has come on really strong and their cars are really nice. My boss has a 400HP Genesis and I'll tell you it's the real deal.....however it did cost just over $40,000

Kia makes a nice cheap disposable car....much like Saturn was.

Volkswagen has made a quality German product for years, but never really seem to take away a top major market share, could happen, but we'll see where that ends up.

Honda makes reliable cars, but does anything in their line really excite anyone? Nice boring cars. (Acura doesn't count....NSX is nice, but priced at double what it's worth.)

Nissan? Really? Nissan? Same as Kia only not cheap.

GM's $5,000,000,000 investment in China is a little questionable, but after all, the Chineese did provide the US with the funding to bail GM out and is the main reason Buick was kept over Pontiac in the first place...so that is a big piece of GM's overseas sales, it does make some sense.

Again, one more time for those who didn't read what this thread is all about..........Sell off Pontiac to an American firm who wants to design and build all in the USA. It's all in the very first post and the included link.

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Nope, but the executives and the politicians they fund will see a pudding windfall.
            Really? How so?
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

• Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
              You missed the first part of my point where it was inferred by some that US cars are an inferior product and in reality that is just not and never really has been true. Publicity and writers opinions not necessicarily fact go a long way in the USA and if you really crunch the numbers the gap between the US cars and others is not that big.
              Don't make it sound like Toyota suddenly turned into Lada, afaik the faulty part that gave them a bad name was made in the US

Kia makes a nice cheap disposable car....much like Saturn was.
              KIA's are disposable the moment you buy them, from that point you threw away money, so how does that make the saturn look good?

Honda makes reliable cars, but does anything in their line really excite anyone? Nice boring cars.
              If I look on the streets, I don't see many people driving exciting cars, actually, the large majority is driving boring cars

Nissan? Really? Nissan? Same as Kia only not cheap.
              Perhaps the US recieves good KIAs and we (EU) good Nissans for why we disagree on this matter

GM's $5,000,000,000 investment in China is a little questionable, but after all, the Chineese did provide the US with the funding to bail GM out and is the main reason Buick was kept over Pontiac in the first place...so that is a big piece of GM's overseas sales, it does make some sense.
              Only a part of that funding was Chinese, (if I can take wiki as accurate, 1%) the rest came out of your pocket (and the canadians)

Again, one more time for those who didn't read what this thread is all about..........Sell off Pontiac to an American firm who wants to design and build all in the USA. It's all in the very first post and the included link.
              So discussion over the viability of an emotional businessdeal isn't allowed?

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

"Thank god it's them, not us"

I thought you cared about the welfare of the American taxpayer?
                where does 'relocating' unimployment benefit consumers and the government?
                Who said that line? I didn't, if you are replying to me. American businesses have to learn to be competitive to survive in the 21st century. The old paradigm of US automakers and their union structures are dinosaurs. The auto industry in the South is profitable, it's why so many NON-US automakers have built factories here, from Toyota to Nissan to Mercedes. If relocating in the South made a new Pontiac competitive in the world auto industry, then the Big 3 need to adjust the way THEY do business to survive.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  Who said that line? I didn't, if you are replying to me.
                  Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  If the cars could be produced at lower costs and sold for lower prices, it'd benefit consumers and the government, repaying taxpayers for the bailout.
                  Since you are not an American taxpayer, it shouldn't bother you in either event, though!
                  Also, from my POV in Mississippi, if they built a new Pontiac factory here and hired a bunch of locals, I really don't care if a GM or Ford factory in Michigan lays off people. The economy HERE will improve and that concerns me more
                  So I guess the American people paying taxes up north get repaid with unemployment?
                  "Thank God it's them, not us" is the way I understood your post

Oh and in that last quote, replace "my POV in Mississippi" to "the Chinese PoV in Bejing" and "GM or Ford factory in Michigan" with "The United States"
                  And perhaps you understand why I am having a hard time to sympathise with your statements

American businesses have to learn to be competitive to survive in the 21st century. The old paradigm of US automakers and their union structures are dinosaurs. The auto industry in the South is profitable, it's why so many NON-US automakers have built factories here, from Toyota to Nissan to Mercedes. If relocating in the South made a new Pontiac competitive in the world auto industry, then the Big 3 need to adjust the way THEY do business to survive.
                  So you have Toyota, Nissan and Mercedes with plants in the south and still the economy isn't booming there

What's next? A 'Resurrect Cyrix' Campaign?

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

• It's getting better because of those factories, but the South has been economically depressed since the end of the Civil War. That is due in large part to policies of the Federal government since that time favoring the Northern states. Those states have bloated union structures that have made US automaker noncompetitive compared to the Japanese. Unions were needed when they evolved, but have now become too bloated and corrupt as they are to adapt with the times and keep their companies competitive, so they are dinosaurs now and if they can't adapt, they will die out. So yes, the job-starved South will welcome more of them. Not that I wish hardship on workers in Northern states, but on the other hand they've had the gravy for many years; now it's our turn.

Frankly, most of those cush Northern automaking jobs are going away anyway if the Big 3 are to survive and compete - because the unions will strangle every last dime out of that dying paradigm until they ALL move South.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X