Gave into smoking (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave into smoking (again)

Had my first (pipe) smoke in about 4 years today. I realize it's bad for me, but I'm capable of only having a smoke once a week (Not exactly an addictive personality). If it kills me, it kills me (besides, I'm probably fucked already from all the cigarettes I used to smoke. 2 packs of Du Mauriers a day has got to do something.)

Anyone else a happy moderate smoker?
    I like EL34s.

Im a happy pack-a-dayer. I like it, its calming and relaxing. It may kill me, but so might my eating habits, driving, the part of town my boss lives in etc..
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

When you really think about we are slowly dying everyday.

Comment

I smoke about 5 to 7 cigarettes a day. Every time they jack up the price, I buy a carton before the price hike, and cut down some. Prior to the most recent price hike, I was smoking 10 cigarettes a day.

Japan used to be a smoker's paradise, but no so much anymore...

Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-10-2012, 08:44 PM.
          Just a guitar player...

Comment

used to be, i know it's different everywhere but roll your own here is 5.50 and up now, used to be 2.50.
            one of best ways to quit if you just can't seem to shake it - force yourself to run a few miles or ride a bike for a few hours, ...you won't want a smoke after that, well and if you do you ain't gonna be able too, lol.

Comment

Well ..ummm if you gave up smoking pole again. Chances are you're prolly heterhomomousley challenged. This was on the Discovery channel.

Seriously..being that I'm cheaper than an old jewish lady wearing a babushka. I no longer smoke. Gave it up 16 years ago..when Marlboro / Winstons went up to 2 bucks a pack. My kid was just born..

yeah..that was one of the best things I've ever did..fuck smoking! Do what I did..go cold turkey and gain 20+lbs that you'll never get rid of..it's beautiful. You'll never see tobacco or you balls again..it's the best!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

A lot of my friends have switched to electronic cigarettes. Some of them are shit, but some of the brands are solid. It's all the physical motions of smoking, all the nicotine, without the carcinogens, at a much lower overall price...I'm surprised they haven't caught on in a bigger way.
                I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
                  A lot of my friends have switched to electronic cigarettes. Some of them are shit, but some of the brands are solid. It's all the physical motions of smoking, all the nicotine, without the carcinogens, at a much lower overall price...I'm surprised they haven't caught on in a bigger way.
                  I'm sure that may help many people kick the habbit..but I dunno...it's kinda crazy to me.

That's like non-alcoholic beer..all the taste of pee without the buzz..or dating a beautiful woman that insists abstinence. All the attitude, poop and drama without the option to skeet all over somethin'...anything really..not even a dry hump.
                  Last edited by horns666; 03-02-2011, 03:26 AM.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    I'm sure that may help many people kick the habbit..but I dunno...it's kinda crazy to me.

That's like non-alcoholic beer..all the taste of pee without the buzz..or dating a beautiful woman that insists abstinence. All the attitude, poop and drama without the option to skeet all over somethin'...anything really..not even a dry hump.
                    It's not, though. It's more like all the buzz without the pee. And although it probably can be used to kick the habit, but that's not what anyone I know uses it for. They just use it to smoke inside and for less money.
                    I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
                      Quitting smoking is easy. I have a friend who's quit HUNDREDS of times!

But seriously, isn't it cheaper to just roll your own? I coulda sworn the tobacco is cheap compared to premade.
                      I smoke a pipe, so I'm buying loose tobacco anyway.
                      I like EL34s.

Comment

I quit a year ago. Still get the urge sometimes... But fuck that shit.

Comment

Lots of things can kill you,ciggs are the least of my worries,Since I quit drinking I smoke far less...about a half pack everyday.Even less this winter since my daughter was born in December,Mainly because I'd rather not go outside and freeze my balls off just for a smoke.
                          BLS/SDMF

Comment

As an ex smoker I compelely fucking hate smokers. I sneer at them on the street and call them filthy.

As an americAn, I recommend you try smokeless tobacco.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks for the compliment.
                              BLS/SDMF

Comment

Working...
                              X