No announcement yet.

Gave into smoking (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the worst habit I've ever had. I've tried to quit 4 times in the last 5 years, and I get (the wife says) 'FUCKING EVIL' with everyone around me. I know its bad for my health, and it can kill me. It (cancer from it) killed my mother just over a year ago, my siblings and I have all had heart attacks, and I still can't quit. I'd have been better off on black tar heroin, its not even as addictive. I hate smoking. I will NOT smoke in my house nor anyone elses home. I prefer the torture of -5 F winds howling at me or even a good down pour to make me wonder why I do it to myself. I started the 'quit this shit' program again, but I want a smoke so bad I can feel it. Its not the motion, holding, puffing, but the feel of the smoke as it travels into my lungs, poisoning me with every breath.

OK I'll stop ranting now. I nneed a smmoke.
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

-------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Smoking: keeping the taxes flowing

They ought to bloody thank us instead of crucify us smokers
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I love smoking. I am trying to quit, and using the nicotine gum. It works, until I run out of gum, at which point, I go buy cigarettes. The only reason I am trying to quit is because they are 6.50 or so a pack, and I can easily smoke a pack a day.
          "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
            Smoking: keeping the taxes flowing

They ought to bloody thank us instead of crucify us smokers
            Damn right.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I quit smoking tobacco August 19th last year cold turkey and haven't had a puff since!
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I am shocked to report that i haven't had a cigarette in over 6 weeks now. I have been smoking for decades. yes, plural, decades.
                I somehow put them down, I put one out and was coughing up a lung when it hit that i should stop. I'm not out of the woods yet,
                but getting this far is nothing short of something i thought i could never do. it's harder to stop than dope. maybe. it's close.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                  I am shocked to report that i haven't had a cigarette in over 6 weeks now. I have been smoking for decades. yes, plural, decades.
                  I somehow put them down, I put one out and was coughing up a lung when it hit that i should stop. I'm not out of the woods yet,
                  but getting this far is nothing short of something i thought i could never do. it's harder to stop than dope. maybe. it's close.
                  who are you?
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                    who are you?
                    obviously, i'm a robber.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I quit Saturday, I start training again Tomorrow with my old Japanese teacher! With any luck within a year I'll be competting again. I'm at 270 right now, he says I'm going down to to 230 then back up to 250 SOLID. We'll see.
                      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        Well ..ummm if you gave up smoking pole again. Chances are you're prolly heterhomomousley challenged. This was on the Discovery channel.

Seriously..being that I'm cheaper than an old jewish lady wearing a babushka. I no longer smoke. Gave it up 16 years ago..when Marlboro / Winstons went up to 2 bucks a pack. My kid was just born..

yeah..that was one of the best things I've ever did..fuck smoking! Do what I did..go cold turkey and gain 20+lbs that you'll never get rid of..it's beautiful. You'll never see tobacco or you balls again..it's the best!
                        Well smoking a pack a day has the health effects of being 70 pounds overweight, Bill, so you are still 50 pounds to the good! That, and get a full-length mirror for visual visits with your balls! They are only like $7 at the Wal-Mart! I have lost a dear cousin and one of my best friends to lung cancer just in the past year so i am biased against the smoking thing.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I quit on 11/05/1996. I was a three-pack-per-day smoker since 1984. I occasionally smoked a cigar once a month a few years ago, but have quit that, too.
                          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

My wife and I both quit smoking a year ago this month. We both smoked for the last 18 years, at just a bit over a pack a day.
                            We tried quitting several times, but every time failed before. I, like Scooter, turned evil. Found it really hard to quit because I felt ready to, but she didn't. It's near impossible to quit when the one you always smoked with is still smoking. That, and I wanted to quit for my health, and mostly for my kids' health, but I genuinely ENJOYED smoking!

We picked up this book called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. We both just stopped after reading the book, and never looked back.
                            We had no unbearable cravings, we didn't turn on each other, no bad side at all like in our many previous attempts.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is thinking of quitting smoking. It really helped me, and I honestly thought I would never be able to quit.
                            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
                              My wife and I both quit smoking a year ago this month. We both smoked for the last 18 years, at just a bit over a pack a day.
                              We tried quitting several times, but every time failed before. I, like Scooter, turned evil. Found it really hard to quit because I felt ready to, but she didn't. It's near impossible to quit when the one you always smoked with is still smoking. That, and I wanted to quit for my health, and mostly for my kids' health, but I genuinely ENJOYED smoking!

We picked up this book called "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. We both just stopped after reading the book, and never looked back.
                              We had no unbearable cravings, we didn't turn on each other, no bad side at all like in our many previous attempts.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is thinking of quitting smoking. It really helped me, and I honestly thought I would never be able to quit.
                              I am content with my pipe-smoke or two a week. It is a nice relaxation. Akin to good whisky, and cheaper, too!
                              I like EL34s.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                                I'm sure that may help many people kick the habbit..but I dunno...it's kinda crazy to me.

That's like non-alcoholic beer..all the taste of pee without the buzz..or dating a beautiful woman that insists abstinence. All the attitude, poop and drama without the option to skeet all over somethin'...anything really..not even a dry hump.
                                Mister Bill,

I am disappointed in your beer selection. A good beer does not taste like piss, no sir! A good beer should taste of victory. Personally, my new favourite beer is called the Devil's Pale Ale. It is the most metal beer in the world for sure (Black cans with a big 666 on them) and feels like drinking a punch to the face (probably the most intensely malty beer I've ever had). It is awesome. As for brand-name beers I buy on a regular basis, Old Speckled Hen and Guinness.
                                Last edited by Grim; 03-02-2011, 06:56 PM.
                                I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                                X