Calling all Londoners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Londoners!

Hello there, my little friend (yes, you!)

So my girlfriend has been enrolled on a summer course at Sotheby's this summer which means that we are going to London for a month (june to july) and I basically have nothing to do there for this month. So instead of rotting at a studio flat, I will commence a Jackson-hunt! Are there anywhere in particular I should visit? I know of Denmark Street, but I find the prices there to be a bit steep. So where do you guys find the little gems, that are Jacksons?

In Thatcher's London, London calls you!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I never buy Jackson's from UK shops. JCF classifieds and USA dealers are your answers.

Of course, there's ebay too.
      Last edited by wilkinsi; 03-03-2011, 08:01 AM. Reason: spelling error
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-10-2012, 08:44 PM.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Oh yes!

Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Oooh. I may have to 'borrow' that album cover look for a poster some day. That would be a relatively easy thing to pull off in photoshop. (And by relatively easy, I mean think I could figure it out in around 4 hours hehe)
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-10-2012, 08:44 PM.
              Just a guitar player...

Comment

You'll have better luck on ebay / classfieds / jumble sales. etc. You rarely see USA Jacksons adorning walls in UK music shops. I didnt see any USAs in Denmark street 2 weeks ago. Although there was a lightning sky soloist on Charing Cross road. There are a few other shops dotted around that you could google.. But guess youll just find a standard black soloist or RR1 in the larger stores. There may be a few gems in some second hand shops. Sounds like a good research job for you..

Comment

iv been to denmark street some cool guitar shops people are friendly too the only jackson i seen there was an old dk1 i think it was with a women on the beach graphic on there looked really cool but was expensive

Comment

Rockers has a smattering of Jacksons now, but they range from the JS series to maybe the odd SL3. Last time I was there (4 months ago maybe) it had a Kramer that's been on the wall for years, a beaten to f**k JS20 and a few other "goodies" at premium prices.
                    http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

i remember playing a kramer in 1 store looked old as hell had a floyd 2 on it i think

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        That would be a relatively easy thing to pull off
                        Oo-er!

Any decent Jackson I've ever seen was in the USA! I'd only go to Denmark St etc if I wanted to be stitched up.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I went into one of the "big names" in Denmark St. to check out a really funky old Rhoads in gold sparkle. The tossers fell over themselves to avoid helping me, so I figured I'd take my custom elsewhere... Shame really, 'twas a nice guitar.

Comment

In my experience, the Denmark St stores are staffed by twats. And the prices are sky high. Andy's have some cool stuff once in a while, but that's about it..
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

But where should I go then?
                              Any other cool stores that's worth a visit? I kinda new about Denmark Street being a "tourist-trap", that's why I never bought anythimg there on my previous trips to London

Comment

Working...
                              X