X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
    early 90's RR1,
    No such thing
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      No such thing
      Ok I stand corrrected, so it was an USA RR or whatever they called them before the RR3/5/1 models...definitely a lighting sky through neck RR with binding of some description and defo american made, serial # was U0 and 5 number or something. May have been mid 90's. Worth more than a measle £500 all day in the UK in my opinion. So when did the RR5/3/1 format arrive then?
      Last edited by ginsambo; 07-16-2011, 03:23 AM.
      You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

around '95
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Kimling View Post
          I think I will let this one pass
          I sent you a mail. Check your forum inbox.

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
            Unfortunately you either have to be unemployed or off sick with gonorrhea or something, to be able to trawl Ebay UK all day long in order to spot those bargains,
            No, he works in a call centre for Sky TV. (He may have gonorrhea though, nowt to do with me, I always bag it up when I play with him, he's a bit, um, "popular" with the boys)
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

So did Denmark street survive the rioting? Is Rose Morris still there? That's where I bought my Charvel back in '87. They were quite helpful once they realized I was going to spend some money (but agreed about the general bad attitude).
              My other signature says something funny

Comment

Dunno. Look out for loads of um, "Urban musicians" prancing about with expensive guitars you'd expect to see rockers using, then you'll know that Denmark St was trashed. I think a big music store in Manchester got done over, they nicked all the keyboards. I also saw photos of people nicking boxes of Pioneer CDJs.

I remember hearing about the riots in the 80's, one of the big PA companies (Brit Row, I think) had their warehouse looted. A couple of months later, the boss was watching the Notting Hill carnival (which, for you foreign types, is very much a black event) and he said that every float that went past seemed to be piled high with really expensive Turbosound speaker cabinets, rather than the home-made chipboard scoop bins that they normally have!

I believe he told the police that the stolen contents of his warehouse were passing before his very eyes, and they just said "Well, you go and ask for it back then, we're not having anything to do with it". The fact he survived to tell the tale suggests he simply claimed on his insurance.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                X