Toured the US warship USS Shoup today :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toured the US warship USS Shoup today :D

Anyone here seen it before? Its docked in my city atm (Melbourne, Australia - where The Pacific was filmed).

Got some pics taken, im on my iphone atm but i'll load em in a few hours .

Are navy ships viewed as foreign territory? Cause i believe in Australia its the against law for foreigners to carry weapons. I dunno maybe its changed over the past decade cause there was dude on guard duty in full kit with a M4.
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
    Are navy ships viewed as foreign territory?
    No.

Comment

I'm sure there are agreements among friendly countries that they can all be armed on & around their own vessels when in each others' ports. I don't see how it could work any other way.

Comment

They are just in town to re-stock the Fosters LOL
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Are navy ships viewed as foreign territory? Cause i believe in Australia its the against law for foreigners to carry weapons. I dunno maybe its changed over the past decade cause there was dude on guard duty in full kit with a M4.
          I did a job on a US-based Cruise ship a couple of years ago, setting out from Barcelona, not stopping, just doing a little circuit down a bit of Italy then back to Spain over 2 days. Fucking hell, the paperwork was immense, had to do a full Carnet for everything, because in the eyes of EU law, I was actually exporting and then re-importing an artic full of kit, which Spanish customs could have jumped on if I'd not done the forms. We were told before we joined the ship that it was considered US Sovereignty, went on US laws, and we weren't allowed to bring any food on board - an armed US guard stopped me for having the temerity to be eating a muffin as I strolled up the gangplank, made me ditch the bastard thing! They were deadly serious too, there was no fucking about, they were really sharp with security, though I suspect that's because of the amount of dipshits who'd love to get on board a boat full of Yanks with a bomb strapped to their waist.
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
            They are just in town to re-stock the Fosters LOL
            They'll have a job, Fosters isn't made in Australia any more. The Aussies had some taste and kicked Fosters into touch.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
              They'll have a job, Fosters isn't made in Australia any more. The Aussies had some taste and kicked Fosters into touch.
              Awsome, that shit sucks
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Pic's?

Foster's is made in China now?

Comment

Anyone here seen it before? Its docked in my city atm (Melbourne, Australia - where The Pacific was filmed).

Got some pics taken, im on my iphone atm but i'll load em in a few hours .

Thats very cool, lets see some pics. A good friend of mine served on a couple of carriers, and always spoke highly of visiting down under. He said the people were cool, and they had no problems finding a beer.

Comment

As far as armed guards, I believe warships flying their country's flags are considered sovereign territory under most agreements. I could be totally off base though.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

nobody drinks Foster in Australia, well not since maybe either the 70's or 80's it isn't even sold at liquor stores here!

i just made a FlickR profile so hopefully this works

couldn't get any good pics of the ship cause of how Station Pier is setup. There are some more pics on my GF's iphone i'll try upload later aswell of the .50's on the deck.

also here is a link to a full pic of the ship

USA Jackson RR1
                      Charvel Model 6
                      Jackson Performer-2
                      Orange Dark Terror
                      EVH 5150 LBX
                      Hello Senòr

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Interesting history for a fairly new ship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Shoup_%28DDG-86%29
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Interesting history for a fairly new ship http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Shoup_%28DDG-86%29
                            Das' rite, we built that ship in Pascagoula, MS! Keep your civilian craft away!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I would not want that helicopter looking for my ass and firing at me thats for sure Cool pictures!

How the in the hell does a Navy ship collide with a civi vessle?
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X