Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sat Down with Creator Of Sustainiac Pickups...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Down with Creator Of Sustainiac Pickups...

So the guy who created Sustainiac brand pickups lives within 30 minutes of my house in Indiana, and I got a chance to talk with him today!
    My dad has a Kramer Sustainer guitar from '89 and was considering replacing the sustainer with a newer Sustainiac Stealth Pro, so we made a trip up there to have him check it out, and got to pick his brain a little

It was nice talking with him and hearing a bit of history on the product...from developing the original, to making changes to get to the newest version.

I got a really good look at the circuitry involved, specifically that goes into the DK2S and he explained why made it one way over another, etc.
    The blank circuit boards are manufactured in Chicago, and circuitry added in Indianapolis. The pickups themselves are wound in Ohio. The parts all get brought together and assembled in Indiana. Every single circuit board is tested by the guy who created Sustainiac.
    Having just ordered a DK2S I feel very good about my guitar purchase knowing how some of it was made, and that it was made locally...(keeping money in American pockets).

I know this is brief, and there aren't pics...but I wasn't there for an interview or to write an article, I just figure prospective buyers or current owners may find some of this reassuring to know that it's not just a bunch of "junk" inside their axes
    Jackson DK2S
    Schecter Damien FR
    ESP LTD B155E - 5 String

sigpic

Thanks to the Mod for moving it and not giving me an infraction or anything...but I figured since it's a Jackson forum, and it clearly discussing information about the Sustainiac that comes in DK2S that it would be okay in the Import Jackson area???
    Jackson DK2S
    Schecter Damien FR
    ESP LTD B155E - 5 String

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the mini-story. Cool. Did you tell him your JCF handle?
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Haha..no but he'd prolly get a kick out of it. It's was interesting to speak with him...and I'm now considering taking my Schecter Damien up there...it's in Drop C#, and it'd be nice to have a sustainer on that as well!
        Jackson DK2S
        Schecter Damien FR
        ESP LTD B155E - 5 String

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X