Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out this 9-11 helicoptor footage

New 9/11 footage released
    Does anyone find it odd, that no one was on top of either tower?

Quote:
    The footage was taken from a police helicopter hovering above the doomed towers.

Officers on board had been hoping to rescue survivors from the rooftops, only to find no one there before the buildings topple and smoulder.

The video is part of a cache of information from the attack handed over to the National Institute of Standards and Technology under the US Freedom of Information Act.

Only police helicopters were allowed in the airspace near the skyscrapers, and the officers were the only ones shooting images from above.

The helicopter flies over the roof as huge grey clouds billow out across lower Manhattan.

A sea of people can be seen fleeing the area on an otherwise clear, sunny day.

NIST investigated the collapse of the twin towers and another building that was part of the World Trade Centre complex after the 2001 attacks.

Still pictures taken from police helicopters were released under the FOIA last year.

Video link
    Last edited by atomic charvel guy; 03-08-2011, 02:20 PM.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

No link?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

click - video link at the bottom

Video link

Comment

From some reports i read, people tried to make it to the roof, but the access doors were locked. Wouldnt have mattered anyway, theres no way a helicopter could do anything. Hotter air= less lift. Plus with all the smoke, good luck trying to land on the roof.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Its funny how the only thing I remember being in the air that day - after, obviously - were the fighter jets flying over the city.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Saw this earlier, Tommy. I have a hard time watching it. Even from that distance & vantage point, it's gut-wrenching stuff; it's essentially watching newly-released footage of thousands being murdered. Even nearly 10 years later, still too much of an open wound, I think.

As to no-one being on the roof, also remember that many inside the towers were being told by 911 dispatchers that - if prevented by fire and smoke from moving down floors - to stay in place so firefighters could better locate them. The 911 call center was feeding floor and location info from callers to fire officials on the scene.

Comment

no to mention also when i think about it, tower 1 probably never got any announcements about what was going on, to evacuate, etc., and tower 2 was told to evacuate, not go up i would think. i lost friends that day Shred, and in reality we got lucky, everyone i grew up with became a broker, cop or fireman, i was waiting for much worse numbers to be reported over the days that followed. i lost 3 friends, i was able to get 3 phone calls through in 2 and a half days of trying, i kept waiting for the phone calls to come my way out here from home with more losses. i was expecting in the dozens, so when i say my town got lucky with three losses, don't take it the wrong way, it was gut wrenching, but considering what possibly could have happened, 3 was almost a miracle. it's one of those things i just can;t stop watching as horrifying as it is.

Comment

No need to explain yourself, Tommy. We all react to & interpret this stuff differently, I guess. And I know you personally lost and knew of many losses that day. As time goes by, I just think I'm even more shocked and saddened by it all. That probably sounds strange. I guess what I mean is that, early on, it was the shock and horror of "the event" itself, if you will. As that eventually subsided with time, though, I've learned about and come to understand more and more of the details of what occurred to the people involved that day. Individual experiences, I mean. Both the victims and their loved ones that were left behind. As this eventually shifted my focus more and more to the personal impacts, I just find it harder to watch and relive events from that day. Having kids since then has probably also changed my perspective, too.

Comment

i'm not a religious guy at all Pat, as you know. I'm not against religion or god, i'm just not a believer that's all. that day solidified my ever
                  becoming religious a never to happen affair. I did see the greatness of people during those days though in so many different ways. i saw human beings maybe at their
                  absolute very best in their efforts to save, help, comfort, aid, give hope, work around the clock in the worst possible conditions, i mean you name it, and people stepped up and did it. it was remakable. i didn't see God anywhere near that place, but i did see people everywhere doing whatever they could for others. some of my friends have recounted that day to me over the phone and in person, and it's one of the few things that leaves me with any kind of good hope for mankind. it;s too bad that it takes a tragedy of such magnitude to bring out the best in people.

Comment

Tommy, you and I seem to see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. And even where we don't, we seem to understand and respect the others' point of view anyway. Must be the ginzo upbringing in us.

Comment

Working...
                    X