RIP Mike Starr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure...

The guy is dead, isn't that good enough for you too just not post a dumbass comment about drugs and how easy it is being a rock star... Whatever job you have to wake up to at 6am, and looks like you are in Iowa so that narrows it down a bunch could not be as hard as Touring or having 100 different people pulling at you from all directions... just let him RIP... DICK!!!
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
      sorry, dont have an "rip" do have a "youre a stupid fuck". Just like layne, kurt, etc.

Lets see... You have everything that every musician wants.. And you throw it away because youre a fucking dopehead.

May seem harsh, but whatever. I have to get up and go to work at 6 tomorrow. You didnt. O well.
      I'd like to recant a bit on saying "i don't care".
      I do care as much as it sucks when people can't shake their demons, but cliffs statement sums up how i feel mostly. It could have been me at one time tho i never shot dope and shit,
      but i did consume mass lethal quantities of just about everything many times and don't know how i'm alive. Thankfully i always had an off button, i always eventually felt guilty that i was betraying myself, and i just couldn't stand the people that i'd be around, they were nothing like me morally besides the doing drugs part. Guess some people don't have that feeling strong enough or can't see when it's hitting the danger zone.

EDIT:
      Nimitz i see that your upset about it nothing wrong with that, sorry your bummed.
      But i still backing up my statement and cliffs. Being a rockstar is real tough

Comment

it's got nothing to do with how easy or tough it is being a rockstar. it may even not have anything to do with being stupid. it's about being an addict.
        and when you're physically addicited, it is living hell. physical addiction is something even the smartest human being can get wrecked by.
        i'm glad that Cliff is totally puzzled by it and can;t understand it becasue that means he's not an addict and i am very happy he can;t understand the situation
        as i consider him a friend. and Trem, being that you had the unbelieveably great fortune to have that "off button" makes me happy too, becuase if you were able to turn off at some point, then you didn't have the full on disease either. take it from someone who has fucked up his own life up so many times and been allowed to continue to get up off the mat and start over time and time again, it's not a good condition to have. all the money, fame and glory can't beat it away either, if you have the "allergy" so to speak of addicition, especially to opiate based drugs, the only way you're getting out is if you either get in trouble, od, or get in a program of some sort. and that's just the beginning, you may have to start at that beginning point many times, took me 8 times. or was it 9? i lost count. and surviving to get to thuis 9th attempt means i actually have some kind of tiger blood or adomis dna after all. i'm fuckin' serious. i don't know how i am alive today, i really pushed the envelope, even in the midst of watching my house , wife, girlfriends, guitars and possessions, cars. etc go one by one, i still made feeling numb the # 1 priority of every day. it's a sickness.
        Mike Starr knew what he was doing was wrong, but he never got into enough trouble to truly get the chance to straighten out, even the humility of getting tossed from a great band like AIC wasn;t enough for him, i'm telling you, addicition is a nasty noncaring home wrecking cunt and a half.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Rockstar isn't a profession, rockstar is an public image, they have the same shit going on that everyone else which often hasn't anything to do with financial well being. You can say... what's so hard about average office job? Everyone's complaining about it yet have so much time to spend on the internet. I bet those who work in a coal mine would laugh at the complaints of an average folk. Doesn't change the fact that there's countless of financially secure persons who have safe and boring jobs but end up shooting dope or get suicidal.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Agreed, and why i recanted my i don't care statement. I am also glad you are fighting and kicking dude.
            Someone who hasn't been there with opiates really has no idea, i'm glad i don't. I snorted heroin once, but i think the rest of the shit i was on made me not really know was what so it did nothing for me.

In another way it is also hard for someone to see someone who's been handed the "golden ticket" of sorts to totally not be like thankful and humble in their personal life and to live like it. It's just a sort of "i don't get it" mentality, pretty much, because they don't get it. I don't and i do, i mean if i was a rockstar at 21 i'd most likely be dead, i wasn't and i lived like that minus the money.. The thing is, everyone has that choice to not stick that needle in their arm, or snort a pile of cocaine, then take some acid and do another 8 ball of meth. It's not like it's a mystery that it's a dead end road. For a long time i really didn't care, i didn't care if i died, but like i said something deep inside would eventually nag me not to be a pussy and give up like that. I realized that even if i don't like or care about myself much, i do care about other people, so if anything i can still be of some worth in this world. I do have clinical depression, not sure i feel good to admit it in a public forum, but i'm honest to the bone so i don't care. I still never took any meds for it maybe i should have but i think my straight fuck you attitude keeps me from giving in, i am my own ass kicker, if i feel like that i yell at my own self in my head to man up cause i don't like to think of myself as weak and don't want to be. I guess that was my off button.
            I can say now i could honestly look at a pile of coke and turn around and walk away in disgust, but i'm sure there would be at least a sliver of me thinking "that would be fun", but fuck that.
            Did it, done with it, time to try something different with the life i have left.

Comment

looking back, a turn off button is huge, glad you had it trem. mondo commoddity if you ask me.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                And we die young...

Fuckin love AIC. Damn shame, really.
                No Shit man I fucking Love them as well... Best out of Seattle by far!!!

sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                  sorry, dont have an "rip" do have a "youre a stupid fuck". Just like layne, kurt, etc.

Lets see... You have everything that every musician wants.. And you throw it away because youre a fucking dopehead.

May seem harsh, but whatever. I have to get up and go to work at 6 tomorrow. You didnt. O well.
                  I would only put in that when you say something like this after the guy is already dead, he is too dead to hear it or care. The only people left to hear that are the people he left behind who cared about him.

Comment

Sorry, i know it sounds harsh, but slow hand, thats my point... The guy is not around and the only people to hear it are the people who cared about him and think he pissed his life away. I grew up with a drunk for a dad, hence my low tolerance for addicts. Sorry, ill bow out of the thread now.
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

No Hard Feelings Man...

sigpic
                      Action Jackson

Comment

god damnit......Mike was a good friend, and i tried to start a band with him back in 2001, but he was just too crazy to deal with.

but at heart -- he was one of the nicest guys i knew. getting kicked out of AIC really hurt him.

and i think the guilt of being the guy who last saw Layne the nite Staley OD'ed, and Mike didn't help him really stuck with him.

RIP Mike.....i hope you found some peace...

Comment

Working...
                        X