Mr. Big - Smoke On The Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Big - Smoke On The Water

Even when dicking around, they are better than most of us!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48jiN...eature=related

Bastards!

sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Saw these guys play together at the Omni in Oakland CA, before there was a Mr. Big album. Guessing it was about 1988/89. Can't remember if they were even calling themselves Mr. Big yet. Paul certainly could shred! I remember Troy Luccketta from Tesla sat in with them since they hadn't gotten a drummer yet, and Frank Hannon joined them for a few songs as well. Great night.

Great vid.
      My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Hehe, that was cool.
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Ah yes the ol' "hey let's all switch instruments" routine. This is usually reserved for late night drunken band practice night, but I guess if you are Mr. Big you can do it at a gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
            Even when dicking around, they are better than most of us!
            Bastards!
            +1

Thanks for ruining my day! lol
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Rock n Roll baby.

Oh Paul is quite the drummer as well.

Love it man, good rock n roll fun.

Thanks for posting. Great fun stuff.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPs2ZzFUZM Pretty dang good!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                  The best cover of it I've heard yet today.
                  Thanks for posting man.

I already knew this but this just goes to show you simply how versatile of a player/musician Paul is.
                  Last edited by Soap; 03-29-2011, 03:06 PM.
                  Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                    Freakin phenomenal!! Made my day!
                    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

It sounded really good when I turned my speakers off.
                      Just goes to show you. Bass players should play bass, drummers should drum, guitar players should play guitar although Paul was pretty darn good on the drums!
                      That must have been in Japan because in the USA they would have been hit by bushels of tomatoes and cases of beer bottles.

Comment

I think that's what they did the whole show.
                        It's a gag nothing else.

So people in the US will throw tomatoes and bottles right after a great concert, just because an encore is not to their liking?
                        Maybe that's why many bands prefer to record their DVDs in Japan...
                        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

who takes bushels of tomatoes to a rock show?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Tomatoes in US? Impossible, there's ketchup bottles growing on the plants.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                            X