Chance of a lifetime, literally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chance of a lifetime, literally.

In 2005, my best friend in the whole world and best friend Ive ever had was killed on his motorcycle on his way to his girlfriends house.

He was the best support and insight while I was having a few rough years with my parents as a teenager and more importantly, he tutored me and is my primary force to play the guitar the best I humanly can.

I owe a lot to him, and still miss him greatly to this day.

Now on to his guitars and equipment; NO ONE has seen his guitars in five years. They've been locked away on his dads remote property since my friends death. As of the last 24 hours, the local music store that him and I were closely associated with are talking with my friends dad about a deal where the shop will purchase all of my friends equipment. The stores owner and owners son, who Im very close to, have offered me first dibbs on anything in the lot in the event that they make the deal.

Lee, my friend, had A LOT of gear. Two pieces in particular, I will have the opportunity to acquire; a Charvel/Chandler mutt, which was his favorite and a later model Kelly in trans orange.

This is literally, the chance of a lifetime. Im freeking stoked to have the chance to own these guitars. I hope I can find some way to afford them. If I have to sell 75% of my current gear, I WILL acquire these guitars.

Thats pretty much it, just thought Id share the news. What can you say, success in life is a majority of who you know. I know and have a very good relationship with the owners of the store making the purchase and I get first dibbs on everything before anyone else that will certainly be interested. In addition, the community in question is small, so everyone knows how everyone else relates to one another and the store owners know full well of my relationship with Lee.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

So sorry to hear about your friend passing on. Good for you that you get to relive his memories through his stuff. I have a throw which I had given to my grandfather. Since he passed on, I've kept it with me and it sometimes reminds me of him.
    Sam

Comment

if I were in this sme situation, I would mortgage everything I had to hold on to my best friends gear. I hope it works out for you and that you get the stuff that you want.

Comment

Good luck, man!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Heres Lee with his acrylic BC Rich Warlock.

Last edited by Twitch; 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Working...
          X