anyone had a root canal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone had a root canal?

I had to have one today. Whole side of my face is numb... Wondering what to expect when it wears off. They gave me some vicodin. I was on that when i separated my shoulder. I know one of those and a few beers and im ok, lol.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

I've had 3... take the Vicodin.

But the one thing that will help the most is Ibuprofen.
    Take some BEFORE the numbness goes away.
    The swelling is what causes the pain, not the actual root canal. Remember... the nerve has been removed.
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-05-2011, 12:10 PM.
    -Rick

Comment

I've had several root canals, just about on all my molars which are now 100% porcelain crowns. (I'm extra succeptable for tooth decay, bad genetics I guess.) Usually an advil is good enough for me. I've never taken stronger but may have used some herbal medication as well. If the root canal is done right you should have a day or two at most of dull pain. 2-3 on a 1-10 scale.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hellbat, yeah molars are a lot less painful than a front tooth.
        I've had two molars and one right up front. The front one was sore for a week.
        -Rick

Comment

I've had 2 root canals, both on back teeth. It was no big deal. They were sore for about a day and then all good.

Comment

for pain my dad drank V10. (Vodka + vicodin + V8 juice)

root canal....reminds me of the woman who went to her dentist. Dentist said "maam you need a root canal". she says "a root canal? oh shit! I would rather have a baby!" Dentist says "make up your mind lady, I got to adjust the chair."
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Or the woman that goes to the dentist to get a root canal and he asks as she sits down, "Would you like numming"

The woman says "absolutely, I'll need it for sure"

The dentist lifts her skirt, dives between her legs, and starts loudly going "Num!, Num!, Num!"
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

i call mine a failed root canal cos it was done when i was 11...years later, about later 20s, the tooth breaks and is gone except for roots.
                Live Hard, Die Hard
                Just don't forget to party once in awhile

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                  I know one of those and a few beers and im ok, lol.
                  Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                  for pain my dad drank V10. (Vodka + vicodin + V8 juice)
                  Do not mix medication with alcohol
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Everybody's pain tolerance is different.

With that said, usually the next day it's just a little bit tender/sore but no pain.
                    Getting sleep tonight is your biggest hurdle.

Be sure to follow the Dr. instruction regarding your temp tooth.
                    Cater to it and baby it till you get your main crown placed in.

Yes, do take some IB's they do in fact help.
                    That's very good advice.

Pop those pain pills and enjoy the buzz it gives us and sleep like a baby too.
                    If you can save some of the pain pills for a rainy day.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I've had root canals in the past. I prefer to have the tooth removed.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                        Everybody's pain tolerance is different.

With that said, usually the next day it's just a little bit tender/sore but no pain.
                        Getting sleep tonight is your biggest hurdle.

Be sure to follow the Dr. instruction regarding your temp tooth.
                        Cater to it and baby it till you get your main crown placed in.

Yes, do take some IB's they do in fact help.
                        That's very good advice.

Pop those pain pills and enjoy the buzz it gives us and sleep like a baby too.
                        If you can save some of the pain pills for a rainy day.
                        Well, my pain tolerance is pretty high. I separated my shoulder in a motorcycle wreck and rode 13 miles home. That was as high as it got, lol. I dont care for the vicodin, it makes me feel like im plugged into a 9 volt battery or something, just a weird low buzz/tingle. Although, it did help on the shoulder. Guess ill just take a couple before bed tonight if it will help me sleep. Hopefully everything will be good. Gotta go back next weds for the permanent filling, then 2 days later for the crown. Ugh.

Oh yeah, and i do have insurance, however, they only pay 50% on crowns. Nice. Fuckers.

Comment

Yeah most insurance coverage sucks anymore.

Root canal's and etc will rape your finances.
                          I had to space my out so I could afford it.
                          Very expensive dental work.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

My policy onl;y covered 50% but my wife works for the same organization so my insurance covered 50% and hers covered the other 50%. I still ended up spending about $500-750 for 7 porcelain crowns, but I'm sure I saved thousands by having that dual coverage.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                              Yeah most insurance coverage sucks anymore.

Root canal's and etc will rape your finances.
                              I had to space my out so I could afford it.
                              Very expensive dental work.
                              LOL, well, i hope theyre happy with $50 a month. Cuz thats all theyre gonna get.

Comment

Working...
                              X