greetings from android 2.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greetings from android 2.1

Hope to have this biotch rooted by monday and see what kind of trouble I can get into. Hope I don't brick it.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Let me know how that works out for you. I have a Droid X that I would love to tweak.

Comment

Well, everything goes according to plan then the last step fails, no matter what I do. I have heard rooting the Moto Droid is a sure deal though, shame Im ATT.

Comment

why are you rooting it?

I know a lot of people were rooting the Xperia X10 because Sony was taking so long with the official upgrade from 1.6, so the root would let them upgrade the firmware
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Greetings Android 2.1,

I am sentient number six, I stand in line.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            why are you rooting it?

I know a lot of people were rooting the Xperia X10 because Sony was taking so long with the official upgrade from 1.6, so the root would let them upgrade the firmware
            Mainly for root only apps, like system file explorers and apps that block ads that run in the free apps. Also, there are a few stock apps Id like to get rid of that I cant w/o root permissions. I have no desire for custom roms. Mine has 2.1, thats good enough for me.

Comment

Ladies and gentleman, I HAVE ROOT!!!!!!! Took me a couple of hours to track down the snafu, but found it. Misspelled the file name upon push to the device, so the file was there, but spelled wrong, hence why it couldnt find it. Deleted said file and repushed and double checked my spelling this time, voila, I have root access now. Let the games begin.

Edit: Fixed, thought it was spelled that way, bite me. Stupid foreign words. Kind of like Mao Zedong.
              Last edited by Twitch; 04-07-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                Misspelled the file name upon push to the device, so the file was there, but spelled wrong, hence why it couldnt find it. double checked my spelling this time,
                See? See how important spelling is?

viola,
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Maybe he named it after the stringed instrument!

Anyway, I've been flipping back an forth with 2.2 and 3.0 on my Nook Color. Honeycomb is just way too buggy on that thing to be reliable. Maybe in another month or two (or three!) it'll have a much more stable build.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    See? See how important spelling is?

at least it wasn't "walla!!1"
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post

at least it wasn't "walla!!1"
                      True dat
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I got my Sammy Fascinate rooted to 2.2. It seems that Samsung is even slower with the updates than Sony. -Lou
                          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Working...
                          X